cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canadian with Sprint locked phone from eBay - please help me to unlock!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Canadian with Sprint locked phone from eBay - please help me to unlock!!!

I'm a Canadian, living in Ontario, in Canada.

By mistake, I bought an iPhone 4s on eBay that was locked to Sprint (to a 410 area code number), and is unusable here. I included the work "unlocked" in the search term, but for some reason eBay gave me this one as a valid choice. And yes, I missed it.

Anyhoo, I called the Customer Support toll free number - from my 416 area number phone - and asked about unlocking, and was told - by CSR and her Supervisor - that to get it unlocked I MUST have a Sprint account with a contract no less than 6 months. No exceptions.

How? I don't live in the USA!! How do I achieve all that?

Is this correct? Can anyone help me? Anyone? HELP!! PLEASE!!

I can provide any of the device numbers, including the last number it was locked to.

1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: Canadian with Sprint locked phone from eBay - please help me to unlock!!!

bimjimmy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It seems to me that you're in a bad situation with this. I'm sorry to hear that you recieved a phone that won't work in your country. In order to "unlock" the phone, it would have to be active on a line for atleast 90 days, and connected to the Sprint Network in the U.S.. Even if that phone was "unlocked", that would only be for international use. Unfortunately, those are the only options presented to us. I'm really sorry that this happened to you. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thank you,
Ivan

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat