Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel my sprint contract?

Journeyman

Cancel my sprint contract?

Hi, i have a 2-year contract with sprint and i like it very much. However, i am moving out of the country so i need to cancel the contract. Can anyone tell me how much would i have to pay? Can i keep my iPhone? Is sprint going to make me pay for my iPhone? If I keep my iPhone, are they going to unlock it for me?

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

jatindersingh123,

Thank you for your post regarding contract terms and options. I wanted to advise that the information you are requesting is best handles by our account services department as it is personal and they will need a few items from you in order to give you the correct information. Please call them at 888-211-4727. Advise the agent you speak with that you are wanting to end your agreement due to moving out of the country. They will be more than happy to assist you with the requested information. Good Luck!

Markie_B

Wizard

You can either pay the ETF (call *2 for the exact amount) and keep your iphone.  OR, in the past, you could provide proof of your new address and ask to be let out of your contract.  The latter is at the discretion of Sprint and currently, they are asking that you send in your phone, if approved.

Journeyman

Your iphone wont work our of usa, what country u going to? you need GSM Sprint on CDMA (old technology) only USA, Canada & some Caribbean Island still use this. I know it will roam if u have International on it but as far as reusing that phone with new service there, no you need a GSM iphone. I am going to to Philippines & I am on contract also but Sprint will charge you they did reduce fee to $130 but since I be living there I not care. I gave them the new address but they told me they not send mail there. So I guess Sprint out of luck cause I not get bill after I'm gone. I did cancel my service though paid bill but i am not paying the $130 it's a joke, besides my phone wasnt worth that price or the $250. I can't use my phone there anyways so just gave it to friend for parts since the ESN wont be good. Sprint here been very bad also just had it with this company. I get sms message same 30 min later, I reported this many time I just get the run-around so what I did is sent all this to the FCC & the better business bureau in my area they told me you do have to pay for lost time & dropped calls. One thing I hate Sprint overcharges you with hidden so called fees $14.00 in taxes & crap. Sprint's Boost mobile does not charge any fees just local sales tax. Sprint went way downhill so when I come back I be using new provider.

Journeyman

Hi instead of asking network provider to unlock your iphone try online providers .I recommend you to visit Onlinegsmunlock.com here they help you unlock your iphone 4S from sprint network using remote unlocking service with out jail breaking it .

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat