cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Sprint have an unavailable message for text messages? I have an iPhone 4s.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does Sprint have an unavailable message for text messages? I have an iPhone 4s.

I asked the question below on the Apple forum and recieved a response saying that I can't do this on the iPhone but to check with my carrier to see if they offer something like this.  Does anyone know if Sprint has something like this?  Here is the question:  I'm going to be out of the country for a few weeks.  I have an iPhone 4s.  Can I put an unavailable message as a response to text messages so people who are texting me will know that I am unavailable and for how long?

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: Does Sprint have an unavailable message for text messages? I have an iPhone 4s.

At this time, there is no particular message that can be used to reply to all text messages.  However, you can sign out or turn off iMessage and we can block all sms messages while you are away.  The sender if on Sprint will get an error such as:

From: 9230 The recipient you are sending to has chosen not to receive messages.  Msg 2108

If the sender is on another carrier, I do not know what bounce back message they will receive.

If you would like me to help you with this, please private message me your phone number and account pincode or security answer and I will be happy to block text messages for you.

-John

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat