cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Billed for AppleCare + on Sprint Invoice

Journeyman

So I received and activated my Iphone on Friday Oct 14th which was also the last day of my billing cycle. I was reviewing my Sprint bills recent charges that ended on 10/14 this morning and noticed I had been double billed for Applecare + . The charge for the iPhone and Applecare + was reflected on my bill and it also showed the payment that I made when it was ordered on 10/7. There was also an additional charge for Applecare + on the day the phone was activated on 10/14 for $99.00. I called into customer care and they did not know why I was billed twice for the Applecare + . However, after being on the phone for about 30 minutes and the Sprint rep trying to figure this out, she went ahead and adjusted the charge from my bill as it was invalid. Just a heads up to those who will be receiving their bills soon to keep an eye out for an additional Applecare + charge.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

so if I upgrade to an Iphone theres an additional 99 dollar charge on top of the price of the phone???? now I am more confused than yesterday.....still phoneless....

Journeyman

It may have just been a billing error on my account but it cleary showed my iphone and Applecare + charge and payment in full to offset it, plus the additional $99.00 on the day of activation for Applecare+. Just keep an eye on your next statement after your iPhone is activated as it may or may not be an issue on your account.

Journeyman

I asked and they say it is optional for the iphone 99 bucks for two years of service, but if you opt out then you have 90 days....after that I guess your screwed, plus now sprint charges a 10 add on fee for all smartphones now.......hmmmm, I am gonna go lay in a corner now and suck my thumb....(still phoneless)...lol

Journeyman

Ratchetdawg,

Nobody told you that iphones need insurance, much like the $8.00 per month TEP you had on the Sprint phone? You can get your insurance without theft or damage coverage at www.squaretrade.com or with damage and theft coverage at www.worthavegroup.com. You want iphone, you should consider some coverage. How much is iphone...up to $600-$700 investment? Think on that...  $10.00 'for smartphone' is the least of your worries. Considered just buying a dumbphone? Ypu know, the kind that just rings, you either answer or it goes to voicemail? If your life isn't too complicated you may be able to get buy with that. If only I knew a year ago what I am suffering through now...

Journeyman

Had a similar situation where I paid for AppleCare + when I preordered the phone but it wasn't activated.  When I called they activated the AppleCare but I was charged a second time.  Am currently trying to sort this out but am bouncing between Sprint and Apple for resolution.

Journeyman

This is clearly a Sprint issue and not an Apple issue. I luckily was able to get the additional charge removed on the first call when this initially happened. Good luck in getting this removed. I know its going to be a headache but Sprint definitely needs to refund you for the additional charge. They can clearly see you have been billed twice for the AppleCare+.

Journeyman

I just got through to the right person who was able to get this fixed.  They did reverse the charge.  It just took a while to find someone who could get me pointed in the right direction.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat