cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Even Worse Service after ios7 update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Even Worse Service after ios7 update?

Although I had pretty bad service at work before (2 bars max), after the ios7 update "No Service" 90% of the time and 1 dot the rest. Any ideas on what is going on?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Wizard

elwoodmc,

Any other error messages other than the No Service message?

First thing we'll want to do is a profile update after that os update to make sure the network settings were properly loaded. Dial ##873283# and press call. You should see a conformation message once complete.

Thank you,

Chris

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same for me as well. For the past week since i updated I've had terrible service and it's driving me insane! Is there something wrong with Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I Haven't been able to send txt messages at all turned phone off the whole 9 yards the only thing I haven't done is factory reset my phone which I didn't wanna do

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint service has been horrible ever since I got the Iphone 5 but lately it was getting better in my area. I was actually getting LTE service at home and work (it was only 2 bars so it still wasn't great). After I did the update it went back to acting just like it did when I first purchased the phone. Now it mostly shows 3G service which is horrible nothing ever loads and if it does its after multiple tries and takes forever. Its really frustrating that I've had to deal with this crap service for a year and when it finally gets better a freaking update sends it back to shit. Unfortunately, I'm under contract till May but I'm definitely starting to shop around. This is ridiculous. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone discovered a fix to the lack of cell coverage since the upgrade?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here. I tried to call Sprint customer service but gave up after 6 or 7 tries because the calls either failed to connect or dropped while I was on hold. So I did a web chat on the Sprint website. The CSR walked me through the whole voice network reset/update process and had me reset the phone several times. She said that the settings would take 20 minutes or so to "provision". That was 4 days ago. If anything, service has gotten worse since then. I've probably dropped 20 calls today. And I live in Seattle, not in a rural area! I was with AT&T for like 8 years and almost never dropped calls. But I switched to Sprint to save money. I'm been regretting the decision ever since. If they have a shred of dignity as a company, they'll waive my contract breakage fee when I switch carriers. I was never expecting the service to be as good as AT&T; you get what you pay for, right? But what I've been dealing with over the last week isn't even bad cell service. It's closer to NO cell service!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I contacted sprint and did the profile update. My service is now even worse than bad especially at my job it constantly says 1x. I'm not sure what that means all I know is that it never connects. Today I got a "invalid sim" message WTH?! ...So much for fixing the problem smh

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry, Chris_ra that I did not respond on this thread. I was doing all the updates etc that I could find on other threads to try to help. And have since moved on to another phone; Samsung S4. Now I'm wishing for the good ole days of just bad reception with my iphone! At least bad reception is still reception unlike with my S4 which was about the same as the iphone for 1 day and then went pretty much No Service. I'm working with SprintSurfer on that issue. Once again sorry for no response.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat