cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension of 14 Day Grace Period?

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone on Sprint is a brand new baby, and they're just getting adjusted...it's to be expected.  But go ahead and return your phones.  If you're not patient enough to wait to work through the kinks, see ya. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

a kink is a minor problem friend.... having no internet on a smartphone makes it just a phone and that is a major problem when i pay for unlimited internet and premium data on top of that and recieve nothing for it not even a discount... its not that it is messing up or that they won't give me any ETA but its the fact that they are trying to screw me into another 2 years even if they don't fix THEIR problem within 14 days... if YOU (sprint) are having a problem then extend the trial period a little longer especially when it was chopped in half right before the said phone came out. "We give our customers 14 days to try our phones to see if they like them"... well that's not enough time because i can't see if I like it when i can't use 60% of the features since they all use internet on the fly... I do want to stick with sprint and may even if this doesn't get fixed but I definitely can't refer them to anyone anymore... even with the fake niceness that all the reps try to deal out "can you give me a 5 on our survey" I see now why the survey is always about the reps and not about sprint itself...

Highlighted
Wizard

The 14 day exchange period is determined first by the date of activation. If the device has never been activated than it is determined by the purchase date. The date of activation counts as day number 1. So if you have activated your device on Oct 14th, the final day to return the device would Oct 27th.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey JoJo, why aren't you or any other reps on here acknowledging the issue?  You are all keeping silent which is outright wrong.  You can't be paid enough to sell yourself out to immorality.

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK, I am on my 12 days, and I just returned 2 iPhones 32gb to the stores.  I'd been with Sprint for 2 yrs and their 3g wasn't that bad, I have NO idea what's going on.  Sprint, you must fix this or the 20 billions you spend will be gone.  Sprint is great but they really need to get this network issue fix.  I switched to AT&T and got the Samsung Galaxy S II, the speed I am getting and the phone is so good, I will not think twice again.  However, everyone knows how tech change now-a-days, 2 months and you are old, so good luck Sprint, I hope one day I return to you, you will have a decent network and provide some HONEST P.R. instead of denying problems you are having.  Remember, honestly, is the BEST policy.

Highlighted
Journeyman

2011-10-27_2047 sprint return.png

they  are starting the timer on the grace period when THEY activate it before  shipping--not when YOU physically activate it after receiving the  phone.

how are you supposed to "TRY" the device if it is siting in a cardboard box while being shipped.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Extension of 14 Day Grace Period?

No date of activation is the first day you turn on the phone and start using it.  I agree that Sprint should extend the return policy to 30 days, or they will loose a lot of customers, including me.  I'm a new customer and will not get stuck in a two year contract for a phone that does not perform as expected.  I would like to give them 30 days to get this fixed though, or longer if I have an out.

Highlighted
Wizard

t5gt wrote:

No date of activation is the first day you turn on the phone and start using it.  I agree that Sprint should extend the return policy to 30 days, or they will loose a lot of customers, including me.  I'm a new customer and will not get stuck in a two year contract for a phone that does not perform as expected.  I would like to give them 30 days to get this fixed though, or longer if I have an out.

I was directly informed by a Sprint corporate store employee that some phones are shipped hot and therefore the clock starts running when they ship it out.  There are plenty of people posting here that they are getting the same info.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Extension of 14 Day Grace Period?

scf48 wrote:

t5gt wrote:

I was directly informed by a Sprint corporate store employee that some phones are shipped hot and therefore the clock starts running when they ship it out.  There are plenty of people posting here that they are getting the same info.

And you believe everything a store and even an online customer service rep tells you?  Read the written policy, it states in black and white that you have 14 days to try your new product. If they don't give you 14 days they are in violation of thier policy and federal warrenty/repair laws. Contact the BBB and the Attny Generals office.  Even before you do that ask to talk to a manager and show them thier own policy.

Highlighted
Wizard

t5gt wrote:

scf48 wrote:

t5gt wrote:

And you believe everything a store and even an online customer service rep tells you?  Read the written policy, it states in black and white that you have 14 days to try your new product. If they don't give you 14 days they are in violation of thier policy and federal warrenty/repair laws. Contact the BBB and the Attny Generals office.  Even before you do that ask to talk to a manager and show them thier own policy.

Hey, man... don't take it out your anger on me.  I was simply telling you exactly what I was told by more than one person.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think that was anger directed at you scf48, more like sound advice. I just ordered my new phone today from amazon wireless and with 2 day shipping it is not arriving until November 2nd. Not Sprint's fault, but I fully expect the 14 days to commence the moment the phone actually arrives and not from today. Can anybody advise on this?

Highlighted
Wizard

kissiffer wrote:

I don't think that was anger directed at you scf48, more like sound advice. I just ordered my new phone today from amazon wireless and with 2 day shipping it is not arriving until November 2nd. Not Sprint's fault, but I fully expect the 14 days to commence the moment the phone actually arrives and not from today. Can anybody advise on this?

When I post up some info and someone posts up "And you believe everything (people) tell you?", that's pretty confrontational, IMO.

As for your situation, it could depend... one of our iphones was ordered on sprint.com and one was ordered on apple.com.  For what it's worth, one of them was "activated" and one of them wasn't.  (I don't recall which was which.)  I'm getting info that one had the shipping date as activation and one had the day I received it as the "activation" date.

I'm pretty sure if I threw enough of a fit, someone would eventually buckle on the activation date.  However, since the users of the iphones don't really feel the need to return them, that's a fight I won't have to have.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat