Journeyman

Extension of 14 Day Grace Period?

Fair enough, thanks for the info!

Highlighted
Wizard

kissiffer wrote:

Fair enough, thanks for the info!

Good luck.  Don't forget that they will not reimburse you the $36 activation fee after three days.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Goodness me. Didn't realize that. Thanks. I was told there is also also a restocking fee. Any idea how much that is?!

Highlighted
Wizard

kissiffer,

The restocking fee is $35.

-Alec

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Alec. Fingers crossed this thing will do the business then!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have returned both phones and mobile broadband unit withing the 14 day time frame and paid NO activation fee or restocking fee.  I am not saying this is going to happen all the time but I never paid that. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Extension of 14 Day Grace Period?

wantanewphone wrote:

I have returned both phones and mobile broadband unit withing the 14 day time frame and paid NO activation fee or restocking fee.  I am not saying this is going to happen all the time but I never paid that. 

I called customer service and was told no fee if i return to a corporate store in 14 days.  I returned my phone to the local corporate store and they tried to charge me a $35 restocking fee as others have noted.  I refused to pay or leave the store untill they called the corporate office.  They never called corporate but somehow changed thier mind and said I was right, no fee unless i was exchanging for the different phone.  I also told them if they had a 30 day returm policy like ATT I would wait to see if the data issues improve.  No luck so I cancelled the contract and returned the phone

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Extension of 14 Day Grace Period?

I will try to get some clarification for the return policy for everyone. I agree that the iPhone should have some leeway given the circumstances. I will suggest that all the customers get to re-activate their old phone, if they choose and just keep the iPhone until such a time that the issues are fixed over the next 30 days. If they are not fixed within 30 days then the contract should cancel (if it originated with the iPhone purchase) and the phone be refunded in full. Not that anything I say means much. I will try though.

***Due to FTC guidelines, I am forced to create this disclaimer and advise readers of certain credentials. I am a Sprint Advocate and a customer of Sprint via cellular service. I am not an employee of Sprint and was in attendance of the 2011 SAGE Event at the corporate office in Kansas City, KS. While the trip was paid for by Sprint/HTC, the event will in no way interfere with my obligation to provide truthful and accurate information either through positive or negative comments with regard to Sprint or its policies. I am not obligated to continue posting in the forums and do so of my own free will. The 2011 SAGE event was without question used to pick our brains from start to finish and did not include any vacation activities. At no time was there any effort made to buy our loyalty. In our collaborative view, Sprint appropriately said thank you for our valuable time. I further advise that I have been a Sprint customer for 15 years and the 2011 SAGE event was my first experience with any illusioned Sprint reward. My choice to be a Sprint Advocate was initiated by myself long before the Sprint Advocate group was formed and the 2011 SAGE event was created. I reserve the right to remain a Sprint customer or leave for a competing carrier, depending on my own evaluations regarding Sprint policy or its treatment of customers. Sprint has an obligation to provide every customer, which I am one, acceptable service both in network and through support***

Highlighted
Journeyman

SA_Doc your proposed solution is exactly what I am looking for and asked for at the corporate store and throug order support today.  If they honestly show/have no flexibility based on the current issues and situation they don't have a chance because customers like me feel totally duped! 

Highlighted
Wizard

Thank you.  I sent off the idea.  It is all I can do.  I hope you guys get satisfaction.  It disappoints me that everyone is experiencing such poor service.  Sprint has got to wake up and address all of you.

***Due to FTC guidelines, I am forced to create this disclaimer and advise readers of certain credentials. I am a Sprint Advocate and a customer of Sprint via cellular service. I am not an employee of Sprint and was in attendance of the 2011 SAGE Event at the corporate office in Kansas City, KS. While the trip was paid for by Sprint/HTC, the event will in no way interfere with my obligation to provide truthful and accurate information either through positive or negative comments with regard to Sprint or its policies. I am not obligated to continue posting in the forums and do so of my own free will. The 2011 SAGE event was without question used to pick our brains from start to finish and did not include any vacation activities. At no time was there any effort made to buy our loyalty. In our collaborative view, Sprint appropriately said thank you for our valuable time. I further advise that I have been a Sprint customer for 15 years and the 2011 SAGE event was my first experience with any illusioned Sprint reward. My choice to be a Sprint Advocate was initiated by myself long before the Sprint Advocate group was formed and the 2011 SAGE event was created. I reserve the right to remain a Sprint customer or leave for a competing carrier, depending on my own evaluations regarding Sprint policy or its treatment of customers. Sprint has an obligation to provide every customer, which I am one, acceptable service both in network and through support***

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm going to make one more try to return this iPhone to a Sprint Corporate Retail store even though I'm apparently now 8 days past the return window (which before looking at these forums I still thought was 30 days as it has been for YEARS).  They indicated to me if it were up to them they would do so due to the issues I'm having and horrendous network speeds.  Maybe that was just a good cop act since they knew Order support would told me to buzz off and  "You are just mad because you are not getting what you want."  Apparently this is a popular line because someone else on the forum posted they were told the exact same thing.......  "I'm hopeful they will do so and I can use my junky old phone for a couple weeks to see if they get these issues resolved......

Highlighted
Journeyman

if you want to return your phone because you can not use it for unlimited data as sprint advertises with their "race track" tv commercial, Go to a sprint retail store on the weekend during peak time and wait your turn in line.. when you get up to your spot do not speak softly. Don't be mean or out of control just calmly in a loud enough voice for potential paying customers to hear, tell the absolute truth. Trust me, the sales people will let you return the phone. If they don't, they will end up losing countless sales.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat