cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely Slow speeds on IPhone 4s

Journeyman

Extremely Slow speeds on IPhone 4s

Ok so the title says it all I have extremely slow speed around my neighborhood and everywhere I go I can rarely use it on 3G is there anything else I can do to improve speeds?Already had it switched out by apple and nothing different

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Extremely Slow speeds on IPhone 4s

Sorry for the inconvenience. If having issue with the slow speed on your IPhone, I would suggest you to call our Mobile Broadband Support or Technical Support to troubleshoot the issue and if needed they will  have to create a CTMS  Ticket for "Troubleshoot Slow Connectivity Speeds for EVDO and 1XRTT (CDMA)".

Thanks

Abe

Journeyman

Same issues here.

Journeyman

Same issues here, same phone..

Journeyman

yes, to fix your speed issues, simply switch to another carrier. Sprint has crappy network infrastructure that cant support their customers. read around, everyone has slow 3G speeds. myself included.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issues with Iphone 4S 16GB anywhere I go(I live in Houston), I have run speedtest app from speedtest.net next to a sprint Android 3G phone and the difference was ridiculous I would get like 80Kbps and the Android will get 800Kbps, this has got to be an issue with the either the Iphone software (going through some extra layer of security blah blah) or simply a defect with the iphone Hardware. The phone is pretty useless outside of wifi.  I am not sure if this is intentional from Sprint or not to Iphone users swampping their 'unlimited' data network or what.  Siri and most internet based apps are very useless while on a '3G' network.  This is what's advertised on sprint's Data speed compare and it is not fair that we are even paying for an extra '$10' for smartphone premium data plan, when we are getting less than modem speeds, we should not be having to pay extra for less that is just wrong.  There is got to be something that can be done either on software or hardware, I am an engineer myself and aware of this type of limitations can be workaround. I moved to iphone for the 'advertised' features etc that rely on solid data internet usage and am very dissapointed.  Please escalate this issue to the technical 'Gods' in sprint as high priority before Sprint looses customers or gets sued for false advertisement alltogether. -an unhappy customer (10+ yrs w/sprint)

sprint_dataspeed_compare.png

Journeyman

This is a very common problem with the i-phone that needs to be addresed properly. Everyone that calls customer service gets the same runaround that "some the towers in your area are down and being repaired as quickly as possible. I was able to disprove this theroy yesterday by going to the Sprint store 5  blocks from me and testing one of the employees iphones and mine getting the same result, then a phone running the droid system (before anyone says the iphone is not 4g compatible, 4g is not availab le in my area yet) and the droid system got twice the speed. I made a call upon returning home and got put in contact with the retention center to attempt to get a phone that does what i was told the iphone would do with the 3 g service. I was told by the retention center and then their supervisor that there was nothing they could do except for give me refurbished value towards the phone I need. (I say need as I use this for a hot spot to complete my school work) I am now waiting a return call fom her supervisor, and will go as high on the chain as needed, to resolve this problem. If enough people use this they wil have to back the iphone like they do the rest of there phones, or stop selling it all together. We as the people aying there bills have every right to be upset that we are not getting the service promised to us because they cannot support a phone they sell.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat