cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip-flop, upgrade and moving that upgraded phone to another account

Highlighted
Journeyman

Flip-flop, upgrade and moving that upgraded phone to another account

So, i was eligible for an upgrade for my phone on my framily plan so I upgraded to a iPhone 5s while doing the easy pay. I wanted my girlfriend to have that phone while I keep my iPhone 4s so the best buy(bb) created a separate account under my name, framiily is under my moms name but we both have the same billing information. All while being connected through the same framily plan but on separate accounts. So the account on my name was a bring in your phone activation, putting my old iPhone 4s on it. So the then bb flip flopped our phones so she can have the new iPhone 5s.

MY question is, someone told me (sprint store "dude") I would be charged full price for flip flopping from different accounts on my next bill. Will I be charged full price of the phone  even though Im doing easy paY? I called sprint customer service and they said I wouldn't be charged anything and that the guy in the store was incorrect. Would is the real answer? I hope it's what the rep said.

1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: Flip-flop, upgrade and moving that upgraded phone to another account

xiathao, I want to be sure we understand the situation before we answer, so I'd like to recap.  You you originally purchased a iPhone5s on Easy Pay while you were still under you number was under mom's account.   You then started your own account, and moved that number to an account under your name, not your mom's.  Is all of that correct so far? - Christy

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat