cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got iPhone 4S? How's the wifi?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got iPhone 4S? How's the wifi?

My only hesitation in getting the iPhone is that it's 3G and my experience with Sprint's 3G network is that it's like dial-up. I want to use my phone for a mobile hotspot and am very concerned that the iPhone on Sprint will make my speeds too slow. The EVO might be better.

I know people with other carriers who say the iPhone has very fast internet despite the 3G label (which is isn't well-defined, anyway) but I think the true test is how fast the internet is for other Sprint users.

Once those of you who pre-ordered get your iPhones, can you let the rest of us know how the internet speed is and how well they're working as mobile hotspots? THANK YOU! 🙂

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Journeyman

Guys, so it looks like my issue was escalated indeed.

A tech from the advanced technical support called me and stated  that they are definitely having problems and that they were glad we  reported this I told him I was willing to test anything they wanted me  to test. The tech said they were going to use me as a guinea pig and I  told him that I did not mind. He then proceeded to test my current speed  and gave me a code to access the "field test" section on my phone. I  provided the signal straight and other wired numbers (I assume tower  information)

Then he proceeded to tell me that the engineers will try some things out and will call me back to try some other things

I then asked if Sprint was going to release this information to  let us know but he said no; but it was ok if I let the community know.

I will keep you guys posted.

===============================

Christian social network

http://m1820.com

===================================

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow!  Thanks for all the effort you are putting into this and a special shout-out to SPRINTPCS for escalating this matter and not throwing it on the back burner. 

Here are my Speedtest.net numbers: Ping: 16ms Download: 17.45 Mbps Upload: 7.54 Mbps

Highlighted
Journeyman

the wifi is great i love my new iphone 4s cant complain just yet

Highlighted
Journeyman

WIFI is blazing fast on my wifes iphone 4s. cant wait to get mine!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sometimes my phone ain't able to pick up my router.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I love the 4s as well. No problems here

Highlighted
Journeyman

Love my 4s and despite some of the negativity I've seen in the forums I love Sprint and and it works plenty fast for me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi... have the iPhone 4S and I can tell you the phone is very fast (when you are connected to ACTUAL Wifi).

On Sprint's Data network, it's garbage.  Especially since they just added all these iPhone 5 users this weekend, its now ABYSMAL...

I would HIGHLY recommend you go spend the extra $$ and get a reputable service (such as Verizon or ATT&T) where you actually get what you pay for...

I've been paying for unlimited data and the additional $10 "Premium Data Fee" (ha.. what a joke that is!) for upwards of 6 months and I only EVER use my phone with Wifi because it simply does nothing when not connected to it.

I've had better speeds other places (went to Las Vegas and the service was great!) but considering my entire town is shown as COVERED on their stupid map with 3G... I'm a little pissed that I pay so much each month, for essentially the same service I paid $40 a month with on Virgin Mobile (HALF my current bill!).

If I were you, I'd shop around before sticking around... If I could go back, I'd SO spend the extra and go with Verizon.  Everyone I know who has their service has NO COMPLAINTS.

Highlighted
Wizard

My wife and kids all use the iPhone, and they like to do that Facetime video conferencing thing. My littlest girl does it from her iPod somehow. At home, they're all on my wifi (802.11g) and it rocks. iPhone seems to really dig wifi.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat