Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with programming new number to Iphone 4

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Help with programming new number to Iphone 4

Hello everyone.   I recently changed my phone number and although my new number is showing up online when I log on to mysprint.com, it's still not programmed into my phone.  I still see my old number listed on my phone and therefore cannot make or recieve any calls.  I do have the master lock and MSI (MSID) codes, just not sure where to enter the information.    Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Help with programming new number to Iphone 4

Hello POMFRITA36,

With the iPhone you will not need the MSID and lock code. The device will program over-the-air. You can initiate the programing by going to your dial pad and type in ##UPDATE# (##873283#). After a minute or two you should see a message "Phone Activated". If for some reason it fails try to power off and back on and try again.

Thank you,

Chris

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Wizard

Hello POMFRITA36,

With the iPhone you will not need the MSID and lock code. The device will program over-the-air. You can initiate the programing by going to your dial pad and type in ##UPDATE# (##873283#). After a minute or two you should see a message "Phone Activated". If for some reason it fails try to power off and back on and try again.

Thank you,

Chris

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, it worked.   Thank you soo much Chris, you are a lifesaver!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you so much, I was having the same problem and now my iPhone works, thank you once again

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having this same problem but this is not working for me. All it does is say starting service update then a few minutes later it says service update complete but it still doesnt work, and this has been going on for several days now. Is there any other way to fix this?

Highlighted
Master

stephcl35,

Thanks for the post. Are you having the same issue as the other posts on this thread? Which Iphone do you have? Did you activate the device over Sprint.com?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you, this jus helped me with my iphone 6!

Highlighted
Master

ASHERDEE, We are happy that you all found a solution! Please let us know if there is ever anything else that you need assistance with. Thank you for choosing Sprint, we appreciate your business.

- Sheila
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

THANK YOU !!!!!! THAT WORKED IMMEDIATELY, YOUR AWESOME!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know this is old. I had a similar issue with an old iPhone 4 and 4s. I'd reactivated a different number on one and a new activation on the other with an MVNO. ##UPDATE# kept failing. Then I connected WiFi and tried ##UPDATE# and it was successful.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello ecanizalez.

Thanks for reaching out. The update may be failing because you are not connected to Wi-Fi when doing the ##update#. Try doing it while on Wi-Fi and let us know if it worked.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat