cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot charge w/ Unlimited Data?

Master

Re: Hotspot charge w/ Unlimited Data?

GOLDENPEAK,

No problem at all. Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sandy
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Thanks I really Am thankful

Master

GOLDENPEAK

Great question. All the info you would need about plans and services can be found here http://bit.ly/P0zxR5.

*Clyde
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Would you please be able to tell me what the cost be to add a hotspot to my iPhone 4s? I too have an unlimited data plan

Wizard

OMGxCrackers,

I'm not familiar with the plans that Clear offered but it is evident that they are now out of business, purchased by Sprint. We wouldn't want to follow their lead.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hey if its so impossible then explain clear?

Wizard

CustomersRights,

Thanks for your post. The nature of the thread is that unlimited data is offered for cell phone usage. We have built a network to accommodate the strain of unlimited cell phone data usage. To potentially run an unlimited internet connection to a computer, or multiple computers, from your cell phone is technologically unfeasible for a cell network. Our competitors cannot even manage unlimited data on only their phones.

In regards to the $100 port-in offer, this is a promotion that is open to new or current customers that have a phone number that can be brought to Sprint. There is no biased, we appreciate all customer the same. If a new customer comes to Sprint and doesn't have a number to port then they won't be eligible just as a current customer wouldn't.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I was just reading the complaints on sprint, and as I crossed by your reply it's just plain out stupid.

First of all, every customer in sprint have problems with their 3G and LTE we don't get any service. What's the whole point of getting unlimited data if there is no data to retrieve.

Secondly, if sprint asked for our money to pay for the little data we get. Shouldn't the customers of sprint get bigger discounts, instead of new customers getting a bigger discount? We know sprint wants to attract new customers but, seriously? Common sense, serve the customer that was with the company better (we been loyal and payed our bills on time). If you can't do that then treat every customer the same. The whole $100 "bring your number discount" is totally BS. Customers who were with sprint should have the same rights on discount.

I have a lot more to say but, I doubt my little speech here is going make sprint any better.

Journeyman

Preach it brother!

Highlighted
Journeyman

In reality, it's just another way for Sprint to make money.  They offer the unlimited data plan for $10 per month, which beats Verizon and AT&T to death.  But... they make up for it in other ways, and this is one of those ways. 

That being said, if you, the customer, are paying for unlimited data over a wireless handset connection, what difference should it be to Sprint which device you're accessing that data on?  If you had 5 or 8 devices or whatever the theoretical limit is connecting through the Personal Hotspot on the iPhone, you might be able to squeeze a tiny bit higher data rate out of the connection, but it isn't likely.  They all have to share the bandwidth of the phone itself over the 3g (or now 4g with the iphone 5) connection.  And as you know, if you've ever tried to browse over a 3g connection, there simply isn't very much bandwidth there to share.

So with all due respect, Tom Deaver's response above is pure unadulterated poppycock.