cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot charge w/ Unlimited Data?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Hotspot charge w/ Unlimited Data?

Hey if its so impossible then explain clear?

Wizard

OMGxCrackers,

I'm not familiar with the plans that Clear offered but it is evident that they are now out of business, purchased by Sprint. We wouldn't want to follow their lead.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Would you please be able to tell me what the cost be to add a hotspot to my iPhone 4s? I too have an unlimited data plan

Master

GOLDENPEAK

Great question. All the info you would need about plans and services can be found here http://bit.ly/P0zxR5.

*Clyde
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks I really Am thankful

Master

GOLDENPEAK,

No problem at all. Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sandy
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Will I be charged for tethering if I did not know that information? I no longer use it but I do online schooling n needed it cuz my mifi box got no reception. Also I was tricked into giving up my unlimited data for mifi. I have been with yell for since 1994. I now have to pay 200 for disconnecting mifi because my signal was too slow to stay connected. I did not even order that box n i was misinformed about the drtails of hooking up. I knew bout contract but did not know that i was gonna loose the unlimited part. These new deals are totally confusing and sales people do not tell me all the details. Can I get some sort of credits or something? I do not use it for tethering anymore because I recently discovered that yall frowned upon it.i assumed if it was in my phone I could use it. Please help I thought I was able to keep my old unlimited. I know you don't offer it now but my services should not have changed cuz I switched over to a different box. It's not fair.

Master

Debrat012, Hey I can help with this! When did you stop using it? Which plan did or do you have set up? You will be charged unless you cancelled it at the end of your bill cycle. Let me know. *Jazmine Social Care
Journeyman

Sprint wants to complain about hotspot data use exceeding the normal data of a single 3G device.

This is complete BS. My Iphone 4s is 3G if I'm lucky, when it is 3g it runs very slow and the overall data usage is minimal. Even if I had 12 devices connected to the IPhone 4s I could still not exceed the data connection available to a single 3G device.

I have been a data engineer for 25 years and worked with Sprint since 1989 with voice and data lines, I have been on Sprint cellular for 10+ years with multiple devices and I pay the smart phone surcharge. Let me explain data connectivity.

You have a data pipe that is capable of 3G speeds, you can not run 4G through a 3G data pipe as it would exceed the maximum limits of 3G. So I hang 3 devices on this 3G pipe that run at 1/3 the 3G speed.

So lets simplify this for the non-technical people, I have a garden hose that pumps 1 gallon a minute maximum or it will burst. Now I hook 3 sprinklers up to the garden hose that all have the ability to pump 1 gallon a minute. Is Sprint saying I can now pump 3 gallon a minute through my 1 gallon a minute garden hose? In reality what I get is 3 sprinklers working at 1/3rd of their capacity, when added together I'm pumping 1 gallon a minute.

I try to wifi hotspot my Nexus table so I can use the GPS and google maps on a 7" screen and I'm told I need to pay more then I'm already paying for my 3 IPhones. Oh and do not give me the option to get a 3G Tablet device from Sprint for free, but pay for metered data.

Concerned Customer

Brian

Journeyman

Was doing some research on tethering with sprint and ran across this thread. I enjoyed how the sprint support agents had smart a** comments to others. But quickly abandoned ship due to your perfect "garden hose" analogy.

GrandMaster

quickly abandoned? there was a couple year laps between posts..then a couple more years down the road YOU post in here.

this thread was started back in 2012 sport.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I think your ability to follow time stamps is in question here.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat