cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i set up my mobile hotspot on my iphone 4s?

Journeyman

How do i set up my mobile hotspot on my iphone 4s?

i just got my new iphone and i am trying to figure out how you set up the hot spot on it..

11 REPLIES
Highlighted
Master

Re: How do i set up my mobile hotspot on my iphone 4s?

Inorder to use Mobile Hotspot on your iPhone, you got to have either one of these plans $19.99 Sprint Mobile Hotspot - 2GB  or $49.99 Sprint Mobile Hotspot - 6GB.

Use the following steps to set up Personal Hotspot:

1.Tap Settings > General > Network

2.Tap Personal Hotspot and turn it on:

3.Choose whether to enable Bluetooth or Wi-Fi and USB (Wi-Fi requires iPhone 4 or later, or iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular).

4.After configuring Personal Hotspot, you can directly access the settings from Settings > Personal Hotspot.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4517

Hope this helps

Abe

Journeyman

Can I add one of the sprint mobile hotspots plans, to my existing plan on my account on the sprint website or do I have to call sprint.    2nd question:  is the charge based on actual usage or a flat monthly charge.  If I only had hotspot turned on for 10 days out of the month, would I still have to pay for a full month?      Thank you in advance

Journeyman

I purchased the hotspot capability but when going to attempt to turn on hot spot it is still telling me that I have to set it up buy calling or going online. Where did I miss a step.

Wizard

SlimJTBones,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your hotspot concerns.  How was the hotspot service added, over the phone with a rep or via sprint.com?  The services may not have registered with the device yet, try an attempt to re-register onto the network by Updating the Data Profile (from dialing screen press ##UPDATE# then tap Call).  After registration has completed try the steps again to enabled Hotspot.   Let me know if the device is still asking to buy the hotspot service.

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

How to add hotspot to my iphone

Wizard

Gerigmo,

To add Mobile Hotstpot service via Sprint.com:

1. Sign in to My Sprint with a valid username and password at Sprint.com.
  2. Scroll to the right-hand section labeled I want to and click Change my services.
  3. Select the device to change services for and click Change service add-ons.
  4. On the Service add-ons page, select Mobile Hotspot and then click Save.

Note: There is an additional monthly fee to use the mobile hotspot service.

Source

Thanks

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

i do not have network on that page

Journeyman

ok I went to setting then general I do not have network?

Master

cindlou1

My apologies for the trouble with adding the HotSpot. We will be more than happy to add it for you. Simply send us a private message with your account information. In the message be sure to include your name, phone number, account security details (PIN/QA), and the number you wish to have the HotSpot activated on.

We will take it from there.

Zena

Social Care Team

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.