cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Sprint Premier GOLD members successfully purchased iPhone 4s?

Highlighted
Journeyman

And how many purchased for $199?

35 REPLIES 35
Journeyman

I am not due to upgrade until December. And I will gladly wait. Full retail price is a bit steep... $199 is still alot but understandable.

I do not understand what all the complaing is about. It seems there is this overwhelming sense of entitlement among people and confusion over pricing.

Journeyman

I've had my Palm Pixi (yes I know) for 2 years and I was just about to buy  an EVO when I heard rumors about iPhone, I'm so glad I waited!  I've been with Sprint for about 11 years, and I vividly remember purchasing one of the earlier Palm phones at a whopping $650, because I did not qualify for the upgrade.  I've been a loyal Palm user since the beginning!

I really don't understand the complaining either.  That's why I wanted to make this thread to see if others were successful...too much negativity on this board!

Journeyman

The problem is yes as a loyaly customer, better pricing should be expected, but it doesn't end there.  If you're an existing customer and are eligable for an upgrade, it  is very difficult to actually place the order as access to your account was mysteriously denied or redirected; phone support non-existant or told to call a different number which does not respond to the question of upgrading; and online chat that was initiated suddenly disappearing when the subject of upgrading to the iPhone came about.  Oh even when that didn't occur, you were told by the chat person, we cannot access your account at this time.  Come on this was a pre-determined scheme to block out upgrades and hopefully sell the phones to new accounts.  Poor choice IMO if that's what's happening.

Journeyman

Couldn't it be possible that their servers are overwhelmed with traffic?

Journeyman

Lampremier, yes there is a lot of negativity. It seems also that folks don't understand that regardless if you are a new or upgrade customer at sprint, verizon or att, the price is the SAME. No matter where... even at the Apple store. The 16gb 4s is $199 for a new customer and an upgrade customer. $649 if not eligibale for an upgrade.

I can imagine there were some problems ordering today. There were times that I could not log in to my account to pay my bill. I imagine their servers were/are overtaxed today.

Journeyman

Re: How many Sprint Premier GOLD members successfully purchased iPhone 4s?

I purchased a phone through Sprint at the upgrade price.

By your logic,  Apple would be in on it too. It was down because of the demand.  There  are far more threads talking about not getting an iPhone than ones that were successful, new customers and old customers alike.  This is not a conspiracy, it's supply and demand.  These types of things happen ALL THE TIME...Missoni for Target anyone???

Journeyman

we are silver premiere but with 8 years of service and were able to purchase two white iPhone 4s' at about 130am. We received our confirmation emails almost immediately. The only issues we had were slow server times.

All this conspiracy theory talk is humorous! I am sure At&T and Verizon customers shouted the same nonsense at their initial launch. The people complaining most loudly are the people that won't be pleased anywhere. We have not once had a problem with customer service at sprint in 8 years.

Journeyman

I'd like to add to Bilk's comment.  I am a gold member that IS eligible for an upgrade, but the system doesn't allow me to complete the transaction.  And no one on the phone lines can assist.  Gee, what's going on here?  Yeah, it's business.  Individual customer loyalty means nothing to them. 

Journeyman

try to purchase through Apple.com

Journeyman

I'm Gold Premier and I opted for the black 32GB for $299. Though, the taxes were insane at around $82 (though I think adjusted down by $20, after the fact). The first time attempting the process, it did not recognize my ability to get an upgrade, so I had to back out and try again.

It took from 12:20am-1:50am to battle through the failing of both the Sprint and Apple sites to place the order. Denying my credit cards for unknown reasons (resulting in two fraud alerts), 5 nearly completed attempts at ordering, only to get error messages at the end. I won't clutter this thread with my post-ordering issues...it has it's own thread already. To sum it up, the experience has been very flawed!

Journeyman

I am a gold customer as well. I was having trouble billing the iPhone to my Sprint account so I called. The rep told me they stopped that option a week ago. You have to pay upfront from now on. Nothing can be billed to an account. The Premier program is going away, the mobile hotspot is limited to 5gB a month, and without notifying me of these changes. We should be able to opt out of out contracts when changes like these are made. I have 6 lines with Sprint & have been a customer for 10 years. I stayed when the phones weren't as good, the additional line fees increased to $19.99, and they added the $10 PER line for premium data. What is going on? I did purchase an iPhone because I love my iPad but I wanted to bill it to my account and get 2. I got the $299 32gb. The equipment protection isn't good either. AppleCare is $99 and only covers 2 damages in 2 years for $49 each. No loss or stolen coverage.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat