cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many are returning the iPhone 4S?

Journeyman

Re: How many are returning the iPhone 4S?

Of course you'll be talking GREAT things about Sprint, you're a former employee til the shut your call center down. You loved your job

Journeyman

And, I thought verizon would be so much better... and believe me, rip off from hell, and service sucked.... You get much better plan deals with sprint, then you do verizon. I thought Verizon was better, even when I worked with Sprint, I thought Verizon Was better, just because you work for sprint, doesnt mean you have to have a sprint phone.... if your in a call center that is.

Journeyman

Not 2MB of data on Verizon/ATT, 2Gigabytes.  Big difference.  What I did was check my Sprint data usage using that tool they made available, tripled that number (assuming having an iPhone would make me download even more data) and I still was under 2GB of data.  So form me, and I'm guessing a lot of other people out there, for what my ACTUAL data usage is, Verizon or ATT would cost about the same but with better service.  ATT is know to have the fastest iPhone speeds and Verizon the most robust network (and the fastest build out of 4G).  I do like Sprint and do feel they offer a compelling package for folks like you who really do need unlimited, but my unlimited desires are fulfulled by Time Warner Road Runner service and my iMac, PCs and soon-to-be Amazon Fire. 

It's great to have options.  One company doesn't work for your needs?  Go to another.  And while you're at it, tell other people why you did what you did (stayed or left) and allow them to learn/benefit from your decision making process.  I applaud your defense of Sprint.  They really are a good company.  I will still root for them and would consider returning if they get their act together.  Competition is good.

Journeyman

I don't have, or is not returning any iPhone, but I do know a handful  of people (18 to be exact) who did. The people I knew also brought  other people that they knew, to Sprint, which all of them too are  returning their iphone. Most came of them came from Verizon and tested  out Sprint's iPhone on the Sprint Network. They said "they rather pay  extra for something that actually work, instead of less to get an  unlimted amount of nothing". It actually make sense. Sprint's coverage  map is TOTALLY false. I travel alot and in a lot of city that Sprint  claims to have good coverage, I had trouble getting any. Cities that  I've worked in that actually have decent receptions, were Ballwin, East  Saint Louis, San Francisco, North Sac, Wausa, North Chicago and Los  Angeles. Currently, I'm in Milwaukee (within city limits) right now and  while internet connection here is a joke, I'm even lucky to have a solid  connection between every other phone call. It gets worst in North Hi  Mount and Waukesha. As I continue to get more and more drop calls/slow  speeds, T-Mobile's $49.99 unlimited plan is starting to look very good  to me. Sad that, for such a crappy company, they have better coverage  and faster internet speed than sprint (at least here in Milwaukee and in  a lot of cities that I've worked in).

I wonder how Sprint's "Network Vision" is going to turn out.

AMYPOCINO wrote:

Just wondering how many people are actually returning or have returned the new iPhone.  I have returned 2 of the new phones to go back to my old ones.

Continue a running total at the bottom of your reply.

18  people that I know + 9 of their firends (2 of their friends opened 2  lines, so that's an extra 2) + 2 of yours = 18 + 9 + 2 + 2 = 31 (and I bet there's a whole lot more)

Journeyman

t-mobile doesnt exsist where i live  att&t , is crappy service anywhere you go.   Verizon and sprint are the only ones that work here, Sprint is affordable, the phone is fast, and works great for me. However, if I must, because of slow speeds on sprint, but personally, my phone is extremly fast with verizon, I even drove out in the country listening to the police scanner on the data connection, and no disruptions what so ever!

Wizard

AMYPOCINO wrote:

I am in the Philadelphia metro area.  Southern New Jersey.  Nothing but slow all the way from the eastern edge of Philly to Atlantic City.

You can extend that west to at least Reading and north up to the Poconos.  Plus in NEPA, you barely get a signal at all.

Journeyman

I have been a Srpint customer since the early 90's and I am leaving Sprint going to AT&T.  I bought a iphone 4s through the presale.  I received it on 10/14.  The average 3g speeds were .1 to .3 megabytes per second.  On 10/23, I decided to return the phone to a corporate store like their website stated I could.  The store stated I could not return my phone because I passed the 14 day window for returns.  I told them that I did not get my phone in the mail until the 14th but they said it did not matter because I ordered it on 10/7.  I called customer service and they stated I would have to mail the phone back even though their policy clearly stated I could return it to the store.  Not only does their speed suck but their customer service does as well.  The store tried to bully me into keeping the phone by stating they were going to charge me a $350 early termination fee because I had the phone over 14 days.  I finally returned my phone via mail and reactivated my epic 4g.  I have been paying the extra $10 fees for 4g for almost 2 years and no 4g in sight for Detroit.  My epic is still only downloading .1 to .3 megabytes per second.  Sprint is ditching its wimax for lte so if sprint never could get wimax in Detroit, I have no faith Sprint will get LTE in the next 5 years.  They are not investing anything in 3g service so the speeds will never get better on the iphone 4s so ditch Sprint while you can.

Journeyman

We finally closed our Sprint account after 11 years and went with AT&T.  The speeds are night and day.  I can now truly ENJOY the iPhone vs WAIT for it to work.  Many times I am within wi-fi areas but when I am not, I want the service to work.  So I believe 2 gigs will serve me just fine.

I will say that Sprint agreed to waive our activation fees, $10 data fees, and also our restocking fees even after we closed our account.  This speaks volumes and if Sprint can get their network to perform as it should I would consider going back.

Journeyman

Well, I'm here to add to the list. Like everyone else I have extremely low data speeds, i was hoping it get better but only has gotten worst. As of this past sunday when i called sprint about my iphone they told me to clear network settings and dial a ##....# number, since then i NO LONGER CAN HOLD 3G anywhere. I also been getting a huge amount of drop calls. I had 3 drop calls within 10-15 minutes. If it was a phone issue i figured other carriers would have the same problem, they dont!!

Sorry for the long story, i needed to vent.

For everyone who return the phone in store that paid cash, how much did you get back?

did you get a full refund?

I ask this due to the fact once i cancel im heading striaght to a verizon store or att store. let me know thanks.

Journeyman

I use to get good coverages but ever since the iPhone came out, coverages went from good to bad to worst. Then all of a sudden, they decide to start changing everything. It seems like Sprints plans of commiting to buy 30.5 million iPhones, in order to gain subscribers, backfired. Not only are they losing lots of new iPhone subscriber, they done messed up with all their recent "changes" and lost a handful of loyal customers. If Sprints network and "changes" continues the way it does, they are going to lose even more customer (both iPhone users and loyal customers). By then, I wonder what they are going to do with all those unused iPhones. This was probably what they feared and is probably trying to make it hard for people who want to switch back to their previous carrier, or is trying to make those who bought the iPhone, keep them at all cost.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I am returning 2 on Friday, a 64gb 4s and 8gb 4.  Me and my girl had hooked up evo's with everything on them literally. We were very happy with them, but we are die hard apple lovers we own 2 MacBooks iPad2 64gb. We figured it's time for the iPhone, since we been waiting forever for. These iPhone's for sprint are the biggest joke, I have been with sprint for 12 years and never had a problem with any of the androids, so that is where I will be going.

Anyone knows what's sprint's best android phone now

Journeyman

Instead of investing there 20 billions on iPhone 4s, they should have invested 10 billions on there 3G/4g network, then another 10 billion on apple iPhone 4s.

Going back to android and if the problems still persist, I will end my career with them 12+ years

What a shame

Extremely disappointed

Don't be surprised if some one jumps off a bridge off of this, it will be on sprints head lol, then they will get sued, and then AT&T will buy them and it will be  all over lmaooo.

Over a freaking iPhone.

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!