cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Text Message Records?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: How to get Text Message Records?

i just called sprint and talked to 2 reps that bolth told me it is impossable for them to pull a test message record

Journeyman

Verizon also shows you the number you are texting to/getting texts from, the date/time, but not the actual conversation of course.

Journeyman

Sprint's privacy policies are a bunch of contradictions.  You would be amazed to know how easy it is for someone to call and have sprint transfer your number to a new ESN, install family locator, swap the number back and then track your movements.  Happened to me.  Worst part is that Sprint refused to tell me who the counterfeit ESN belonged to without a court order.  Their rationale was that the friggin identity thieving swindler had a right to privacy and therefore they could not disclose to me anything about the swap other than to confirm that it happened. 

Journeyman

Yikes! Sprint certainly used to be a lot more customer-oriented than it is today! Used to be able to text without your phone (i.e. - From a computer, with a hand-sized keyboard.) but they took that away too.

Message was edited by: MormonYoYoMan

Journeyman

Actually, you are wrong about Verizon. Verizon does offer your text records online. Just like your call log, your texting records are available the exact same way. I think it is dumb that Sprint does not offer the texting records online. I dont see what the point is of not having it available. What is the difference between someone calling in to request the records or someone logging into a profile and see it? What really is more private? I would say loggin on to your account because it has more security measures I  am sure.

Journeyman

how do you see  numbers that calls you cause all it shows me is incoming call and unknown num for every single incoming call i can see every out going call  ............you should also see who all your kids are texting with when they are on your plan

Journeyman

I just went through this. Reason why you want to have numbers available -- because your kids have phones and do stupid things with them. Now I need a list of numbers to make sure they can no longer be texted to. First when I called, the csr said it could be done. I insisted based on this post, it could be. She had to talk to a supervisor. Then I find out that to get this list of numbers, I have to sign a piece of paper AND HAVE IT NOTARIZED!!!!!!! Send it back and then, just maybe then I'll get a list in 72 hours after they receive it. That form was supposed to be e-mailed to me, but of course 15 hours later, there is still no e-mail in my box. As a parent trying to stop stupid behavior, why do I have to stop a conmpany's stupid behavior, too?

Wizard

I'm not sure this helps, but if you're trying to block specific numbers from inbound and outbound texting, or limit texting to a specific list of numbers, there's an online facility for that. Here's how to find it:

Login to sprint.com

Click on "My preferences" (it's in the second row of tabs near the top of the page)

Click on "Block texts" (it's in the 'Limits and permissions' section near the bottom of the page)

Click on the phone you want to control (should show up in a box labeled 'Who do you want to block?')

In the menu that opens, you'll see options to block a list of numbers or allow only a list of numbers.

You can also block services entirely, which is a good way to take away some privileges without confiscating the phone.

Wizard

Hey, Mormon, you may have missed this, but you can text online without a phone from Sprint.com. Here's how to do it:

Login to sprint.com

Click on "My device and media" (second row of tabs near the top of the page)

Click on "Messaging"

Go nuts.

Journeyman

Thanks. I already have it set up so permission has to be asked to even be able to text someone and then I enter the number.

However, that doesn't help you know which numbers on that list are actually being texted or whether your child is lying to you about the person to whom that phone number belongs.

In the current situation, I thought I had removed a phone number where there was an issue, but was only lied to and removed a number that wasn't being texted to. So my child has rightly ended up in the principle's office and I'm trying to make sure it never happens again. So I need to remove the number from that list.

Of course I can't because he has deleted the number (as he has every text, every received text and every voice mail) out of his contacts and I have a slew of numbers to choose from, some of which are in his contacts and some that aren't.

Wizard

First, Sarah, let me say you're an amazingly patient mother, and you are doing an exemplary job helping your child through a difficult period in his life. I tried my parents' patience in similar ways, I suspect, and if it's any encouragement I turned out quite well if I do say so myself. Hang in there.

Not that you asked for it, but as a parent of teens, I really do want to help. Let me toss out some ideas. I realize from the place where this message was posted that the boy must have an iPhone. That limits options a bit. Texting monitors that work on the iPhone require you to first "jailbreak" the phone, meaning you unlock it for system modifications. For tech guys, that's not a big deal, but for most folks it's a bit intimidating. Hey, maybe your son has already performed a jailbreak on the phone. Maybe you could find out. Or maybe you have a savvy neighbor who can help. If so, install StealthGenie or equivalent.

Any chance you could swap him to an Android? Android is a lot more forgiving in what it will let you install on the device. That gives you the opportunity to add an app like MyMobileWatchdog or StealthGenie to the device that will help you manage text messaging. Google voice will also post text messages to an email address. He would certainly try to find a way to defeat the app, but it might be worth a shot.

Journeyman

Thanks Mavka. I appreciate you trying to help. Actually, my son is on a non-smart phone which I have locked down from any access to the internet or data access. (He is a video-aholic and would be trouble all the time in school).

The real reason for him having the phone is so I can make sure he is making it to school and back because he has to ride a public bus and has to wait for a long time to get one home. At the same time I want to give him the opportunity to start learning how to handle having the phone. So stupid mistakes are going to happen. I'll look into apps. I don't think this kind of phone has that kind of capability, but maybe I'll have to upgrade him.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat