cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Text Message Records?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: How to get Text Message Records?

My vote? Give me my records! I have been a customer for over 15 years and pay over $200.00 a month! I have been becoming more and more displeased with Sprint, this is another reason my Family plan will be leaving their services as soon as contract expires. 

Journeyman

unfortunatly when you call they NEVER send what they are supposed to so that you can get it. THEREFORE sprint really doesn't offer it.

Journeyman

You can download an app for your phone that records all of your text messages in your Gmail account on a schedule you choose.   You can store as many as there is room for in your Gmail account, which makes it pretty limitless.   For me I prefer that the phone company does not have a record of my text messages.   I have an Android phone and the app is called SMS Backup.  I would guess there is the same thing for iPhones.  The Android app is found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync&hl=en

Journeyman

The problem is, we SHOULD have access to this if we want. I pay over $200/month for service. I can see the phone log, why not show the text log too? What's the difference? They don't have to mail out a copy, it could be web-only information. I don't expect to see the content of the text, just the number history. Also, I don't want to have to use another app and remember another website or username/password. It should all be available on Sprint. I'm the account holder, I should have access to this information. Sprint is a good provider when it comes to phones and service, but this makes me want to change phone providers.

Journeyman

If you want to track or store messages get a google voice account and use your Sprint number as  the google voice number.  Everything goes through your computer in your voice account and gmail account and there's your storage. You can even block certain people, have them listen to different voicemail prompts and many other fun stuff.  But that's an option.

Journeyman

I would like to add my voice to this string.  I would really like Sprint to provide online records of text messaging.  If Verizon can do it, why can't Sprint?

Wizard

No need to wait for the document in the mail to get the ball rolling. Visit http://sprint.com/textdetails to get started! You can print the document at your convenience and fax, email or mail the request for text details.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Journeyman

att u can get it onlin n it is useful..... this is a legit question n ur reply is rude.... its stupid u cant just log on and see what numbers have been called n text..... thats what a phone bill should be for n im goin "green" why am i not seein the same info online

Journeyman

Hey baby, if you have an iphone you can use a third party app to open up your saved backup on your computer and see all your texts with the actual texts, contacts, and times.  I like being able to store the "evidence". Unfortunately I have to save the photos to my camera roll to make that part work, but that's cool anyway.

Journeyman

SPrint needs to let us havNetherlands access to the number we text!!!! I'm going to go to virzon so I can see the texts

Journeyman

Sprint ended this service to us long ago, though they offer it to the NSA, IRS, and anyone else who wants a complete record of our texts. This is why I've disabled texting on my phone and my mother's.

Journeyman

you have to wait 7-10 business days for them to send you the form. you have 14days to send it back and they only provide you the list of numbers sent back in forth if the person s phone runs off sprint because there company  only runs off sprint towers. what kind of bs is that? Not many people I know have sprint, so its not going to give me much.. when I had Verizon it showed me time, date, numbers back and forth through texting. you had it sent with your phone bill and could look it up on its website.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat