cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Text Message Records?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: How to get Text Message Records?

Im with you if Sprint can give me dates, times and numbers in the call log they should be able to give me the same for text messages and the content. If the police can get it I should be able to access the same info since I am the one paying the bill.

Journeyman

What is the app????

Journeyman

AT&T has it. its about less then an hour behind.It shows date,time,and phone number. You cant see no texts tho.. You figure it just a standard with all wireless companies, to be able to check your usage and to be able to see if your kids are texting in the middle of the night...

Master

GGRREENN66,

Thanks for reaching out! You can definitely check your usage online. I apologize you will not be able to view the text messages that are sent nor the time, as we don't provide this information.

Regards,
Duane
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

mavka I am trying to get a text log and I am getting the run around and I think goolia 75 is right this is bs if I may add and unconvinced to sprints customers need to change that emidititly. our daughters can be talking to praetors.. this is just bs  

Master

jamilone13, 

Thank you for the feedback. To get your text message log you can follow these steps: http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Get_your_text_message_usage_details/a9035f32-ee60-43ec-889...

You are also able to manage when and who anyone on your account can text, talk or use data via  http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Manage_device_user_permissions_using_My_Sprint/case-fk1586...

Hope this helps and if you have additional questions or concern feel free to reach out. 

Dania

Social Care

Journeyman

What a joke..I just paid $5 to get the form notarized and now I have to wait 7-10 days for information that SHOULD be in my call log?  That is absolutely disgusting.  Someone is using a stolen phone on my account and I need to know who they are texting.  Thanks for nothing Sprint!  Lookout didn't work because golly gee, all they have to do is a hard reset on your phone and they can use the phone all they want but lookout won't work.  Android device manager won't work once they log out of your google account.  Thanks for making it so convenient for people to use stolen phones...

Master

lb_reno:

Having a device stolen is no a pleasant experience.  I’d like to assist.  Are you aware you can call or chat in and report the device stolen?  Additionally, we (Social Care) can also flag the device stolen for you as well.  Doing so will basically immobilize the device and make it unusable.    If this is something you do not want to do, please let us know exactly why reporting the device stolen is not feasible for you.   

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I have reported the phone stolen with Sprint, so I assume they did whatever they do to "immobilize it". I waited to do that because the thief was using the phone to text, I wanted to get a log of the text numbers to turn over to the police since they will not initiate any investigation of a stolen phone on their own.  I am just appalled that in order to get those records I had to pay to have a sworn affidavit notarized and now I have to wait 2 weeks. No one can convince me that there is any reason at all for that nonsense. Most carriers and several Sprint MVNO's show a record of text numbers on the phone bill.  And apparently even though I am trying to get these records to catch a thief that make no difference to Sprint they are certainly dragging their feet on getting me these records. 

Master

lb_reno,

Thanks for the post. Were you able to get the data you needed to get this started? Please let us know if there is anything we can help with.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

yes, I received it- thank you for asking. But the idea that I had to drive across town, pay a notary $5 in order to get information regarding text messages on my account, something that NO other cell service provider requires just infuriates me. Unfortunately Sprint Corporate insulates itself so well from customer comments that I am sure that the policy will never change. 

Master

al6469,

I'm sorry for any frustrations with our processes please let us know if you have any further questions.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat