cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Text Message Records?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: How to get Text Message Records?

I tried to request a email print out of all the text on my account and they told me that they do not store that information just the number,date,and time of text this is bull because its my account and i should have that right to that information

Master

52steve I definitely understand your frustration. Unfortunately, the only information you can access is the date, time and the number the text was sent to or received from. If you are interested in retrieving this information please visit sprint.com/textdetails - MitzieSprint Social Care
Journeyman

You need to offer this! It is very important to all parents to be able to track who and what their children are texting not just a number of times they texted!

Journeyman

How do I get that information

Master

With my understanding, you will need a court order to get detail info (locations, txt info, calls, etc).

It is a privacy issue, just because you own the account, you can't just get detail info on the lines, even if those lines are for your kids.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Master

chris1234567890kathy

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. If you like a copy or details like date/time/ and number texted. The account holder can submit a request by printing the consent form from www.sprint.com/textdetails. Please fill out the notarized form and sent it to Sprint. We will send details via postal mail or email. Records provided will be from past 90 days.

- Pat
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

How can I retrieve my text history

Master

click here to go to the page so you can download the request form.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Master

Thank you for reaching out! As Dj_Damjano has brought up please click on

- www.sprint.com/textdetails to get everything started. I hope this helps! - Steph
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I would find it very disturbing to learn that Sprint is retaining all text messages passing-thru their system. Dates/times and numbers yes, messaging itself NO.

But if your child has an iPhone, you don't need to jailbreak it. Just get a PC program called iExplorer from Macroplant and back-up your child's iPhone to your computer on a regular basis. Then you can examine at your leisure all of the texting (and calls, and photos etc. etc.) or at least those the child has not deleted prior to your performing the backup.

I have no $ interest in Macroplant but use & admire this product, which unlike some others works also with backups-to-PC (via iTunes) that are encrypted.

http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/img/2.2/sms.jpg

Master

They are required by law to do so.

Journeyman

I totally agreed with you!!!!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat