Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Text Message Records?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: How to get Text Message Records?

Dj_Damjano wrote:

They are required by law to do so.

To do WHAT exactly? If you contend the law requires them to keep the actual content of text messages (including photos), and not just time/date/numbers, link us please to verbiage that supports your claim.

Master

Every network (wireless or wired) is required to have detailed info on what goes on in their network. They are responsible for the "fair" usage of the bandwidth.

All e-mails you send, from home PC or cell, every txt you send, in a few words, every data you send via a 3rd party (IPS, wireless carrier, etc) is and can be monitored. Patriot Act makes it even easier to do that and allows any law enforcement agency to access that info without a court order.

If you think there is privacy online, then you are wrong. Even if you use Dark Web (called the safest way of surfing the web), you still can be tracked.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

OK so you can't give a straight answer and instead blather-on about privacy, which we already know does not exist in cyberspace.

Bye.

Master

Why don't you go and do your homework first. I Thought I specified it: "Patriot Act" You can go to the library of Congress and read all about it.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
GrandMaster

i could have sworn they only kept the numbers to and from as well as dates but not the actual text history itself. then again i have never had any use for something like this so far lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

try not to plan anything over the phone or txt lol

GrandMaster

to heck with that..if its not already happening im sure there will be some file there with my name on it and a YOU DONT EVEN WANT TO KNOW sticker on the top in bold.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I will be changing to Verizon when my contract expires.  It is unacceptable not to provide the call log for a business account.  You have lost a 22 year customer

Master

hmmm. call logs you can get from your account for each line you have and if you call sprint they will send it to you. If you want, you can turn it on and have them in your monthly bill (I think they charge $5 for it).

Not sure what the issue is with your situation, can you elaborate on it.

GrandMaster

plus if its a business account then you guys more than likely have a sprint rep youre supposed to be in contact with for any issues or questions. THIS would be what that rep is there for.

Master

Tzelaya11, To view current and past billed call details with a business account:

- Sign in to sprint.com with your username and password.
- On the My Account page, under Your Bill section, click See my Bill.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Monthly Statement. Click on For Account Summary: Click Here.
- Depending on the size of the account, you may see phones numbers, department account codes (DACs) or both. Click on the phone number or department account code to view the Called Bill Summary.
- Details of Access and Usage by User page is displayed. Click on Cellular Service Call Detail.
- Change the billing period by clicking on the Select Another Billing Period link displayed at the top of the page.
- Click See Bill History to view the previous 13 months of billing. - Nic,
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

AT&T and Verizon both allow an account holder to view basic text info online (time, date and number texted, but not content of text).  Why doesn't Sprint allow this?  It makes no sense, since the same info is provided for calls.

Sprint - change your unreasonable policy and provide this basic and industry-standard information online ASAP.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat