cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up my personal hotspot on my iPhone 4s?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

How to set up my personal hotspot on my iPhone 4s?

Hey guys,

I just activated a 2GB mobile hotspot for my iPhone 4s at the store and they couldn't figure out why my phone wouldn't let me set up my hotspot. When I go to settings>general>network my iPhone shows "Set up Personal Hotspot" instead of connect to hotspot like it should. Then once I click it it prompts me to go online or call to set it up when I already tried to call and have been online. I have tried different ##update# tricks and stuff but can't figure it out. Also tried resetting the iPhone to factory settings but nothing worked. Any help would be appreciated!!!! Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
Wizard

Re: How to set up my personal hotspot on my iPhone 4s?

Did you activate the service online?  There's a chance it may not have added to the account correctly.  If you'd like to send me a private message with your phone number and account pin, I can look into it for you and ensure it gets added correctly on our end.  *Please make sure not to post any personal information on the public forum*

Journeyman

No I did not. I was at the store whenever I activated it. Then after I saw it didn't work I called to make sure it was on the right number and they insured me it was and I also checked myself and it was on my account under my number. 

Wizard

SFGC1234 - For assistance with a seperate issue than the OP's, please create a new thread so that we can assist you.

Metz2 - Did you reset to factory settings through the settings menu or did you hook it up to iTunes and complete a full 'restore'?  This would be the next step if you haven't already done so.

Journeyman

I went through iTunes and did the restore then just backed up my information to my computer and when I reconfigured all the settings I had the choice of setting up the iPhone like a new phone or restoring it from my itunes and I chose restore from my iTunes. Should I have set it up like a new iPhone?

Wizard

No, restoring with your AppleID should be fine.  And actually, after you sent me your info, I looked at the account and yes, the hotspot feature was there, but the server is not setup (how you actually get the service).  So it appears to be a provisioning issue between the phone and network.  I removed the feature just now and added it back on.  Can you please go into your settings>general>reset>reset network settings (will lose any WiFi profiles) and then after the phone power cycles, do the ##873283# call again.  Once complete, let me know so I can check the server again to make sure it provisioned correctly.

Journeyman

Ok just did that.

Wizard

Everything is showing setup correctly in our systems now, the server is showing the services are active.  Go ahead and do the ##update one more time and test it out.  If it still will not work, that's about all the troubleshooting steps we can take with it over the forums.  You may need to have the device tested to determine if the hotspot antenna is DOA and the phone needs to be exchanged.  Hoping that it was just a provisioning issue though...

Journeyman

Awesome!!! It works now. Jeeze I finally got to talk to someone in sprint that knew what they were talking about. Thank you so much for your help!!!

Wizard

No problem, glad I could help you out.  Let us know if there's anything else we can do.

Journeyman

I'm trying to set my personal hotspot and I can't get it to set up

Journeyman

I need help setting up my personal hotspot

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat