cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got my iPhone 4s

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got my iPhone 4s

You need to go to otterbox's website, I was going to get the defender for my iphone 4s, but its not compatable according to otterbox.. They changed the optical sensor on the iphone 4s slightly and the defender case causes the sensor not to work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got my iPhone 4s

I saw that...but, I did some research and I've read that if you remove the plastic that covers the sensor (and you may or may not have to remove the plastic part) the sensor works just fine. So I figured I'd try it since it could potentially save me about $20 by ordering it from Amazon. Guess we'll see on Friday (hopefully my phone will be here then).

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got my iPhone 4s

Hey I do know otter boxes are great cases. A buddy on a Jeep forum I frequent has one on his iPhone 4. He dropped it in a big old mud hole and it still worked. They are great cases, just not for me. When I hit the trails I'll be putting my iPhone inside a padded pelican water proof box inside my center console like I do with my bb now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I got my iPhone 4s

Does anyone know which durable cases work best with 3rd party 30-pin Adapters? It seems I'm going to need to get an adapter to plug the phone into the iPod dock in my car in order to have it both play and charge whilst using it as an iPod. My understanding is that many of the cases are too tight around the bottom to use while plugged into non-Apple cords. Also, I'm quite clumsy so looking for something with full protection including the screen.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I got my iPhone 4s

There is the Reflex series from Otterbox (I promise I'm not a rep for them lol). The bottom comes off so you can put it in the dock without having to take the full case off. It also comes with a screen protector in the package. I put the link below so you can see it. I would do some research though before buying it...I've heard mixed reviews about the case. Hope this helps

http://www.otterbox.com/iPhone-4S-Reflex-Series-Case/APL7-I4SUN,default,pd.html?dwvar_APL7-I4SUN_col...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got my iPhone 4s

Yes, she's correct.  I ordered mine for the very same reason.  I have a charging dock that will not work with any kind of case on it so the Reflex series is the perfect case for my needs. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got my iPhone 4s

i would be careful with the reflex cases. i've read some reviews (and actually had one friend it happened to) that had an issue with getting a grain or two of sand in between the case and phone while putting it back together and it scratched the glass to the point where it cracked and shattered. it may be gorilla glass...but it still has it's weaknesses.

i personally ordered the otterbox commuter case. i had it on my evo for the past year and love it. my only complaint when shopping for an iphone case was finding one i liked without that stupid hole for the apple logo on the back. then otterbox offered a limited edition. i ordered the black soarer and supported breast cancer at the same time. use this code ( AMTB201109 ) to get 10% off and free shipping. comes out to around $33

http://www.otterbox.com/iPhone-4-/-4S-Commuter-Series-Strength-Case/APL4-I4SUN-AVON,default,pd.html?...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got my iPhone 4s

Thanks for the advice!!!  Once of the drawbacks to owning an iPhone.    I may have to order a seperate case for situations where extra protection is needed. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got my iPhone 4s

Thanks for the link!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got my iPhone 4s

Also look at the life proof case...it more than the otterbox but I've heard from many that the otterbox for the 4 is nowhere as good at it was for earlier models!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got my iPhone 4s

And invest in XO Skins or Zagg clear protection!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat