cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had to take back my iPhone today

Highlighted
Patron

Its official I had to take back my iPhone today and come crawling back to At&T.

It was funny the guy asked why, you know in trying to see if he could save the account.

As soon as I told him because my phone is slower than my original iPhone, and I know its not the phones fault,

He just sorta hung his head, didn’t say a word and took it back. 

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

I had a bad feeling that would happen. Sprint believe getting the iPhone would save them but failed to anticipate the volume. I'm sure it will get better eventually, but there's no point having an iPhone if the data speeds are not where they should be. I left Sprint for Verizon without regret.

Wizard

You will miss the unlimited data plans with Sprint and u will pay more money if u go over your 2GB of data u can't get unlimited data with Verizon good luck to u.

Journeyman

Probably not, since we can't even get close to using 1GB of data because the network can't load anything.

Patron

Nas35, whats the point of unlimted data if I cant use apps, the internet, siri, etc?

Plus I talked to people that have the iPhone 4 and use it non stop and never have gone over the data plan.

I just cant deal with have a new fast phone that takes 8mins to load the internet or tries for 8min only to say it can't connect at this time.

Wizard

Re: I had to take back my iPhone today

It would have save u some money with the unlimited data plan from Sprint with the Iphone.Don't have to worry about data caps with Sprint.When Verizon Sprint and At&t came out with the Iphone and when everybody was use data on the network the more pepole use data on the networks the slower the speeds is going to be.You should had giving Sprint a change to fix network if u had waiting it would have work it self out.When Verizon and At&t their speeds was slow also on their networks to because of the Iphone usage and everybody on their network also was use alot of data.So their network was slow to.

Wizard

How can you expect people to spend hundreds of dollars on a phone and then up to hundreds of dollars per month just wait until it "works itself out"?  For months now all I see is post after post from Sprint apologists chiding people for not giving Sprint the benefit of the doubt with their terrible service, coverage, and speeds.  Seriously... what the heck is the point when he can just as easily go to some other carrier and get better service?  He gave Sprint their shot at winning his business and they blew it.  He doesn't owe them anything more.  It's not like they were giving him a few free months of service while they "work out" the problems.  Considering speeds have been in the toilet for months and are just getting worse, when exactly is this going to get fixed?  In a year or two after he's given them thousands of dollars of money for sub-par service?

I just don't get this apologist attitude that some people have for Sprint.  Unless you're an employee or board member or Dan Hesse's nephew, what exactly is this undying allegiance to company?  Yeesh.

Journeyman

I honestly have a fast ass iphone 4s, and I dont understand why you guys are complaining. and my speds are only like .19 and .34 ... down and up , so ... And mines pretty fast... and to download anything from the app store, takes me like a minute tops...

Wizard

"Seriously", just move move on and get out of the way.  Be happy.  I understand that some of you are P_O_ed that at your primary operating location Sprint service doesn't work very well.  That's too bad, and yes you may have to pay more to get better service from someone else; but that's life! Radios don't work "everywhere" even when a map says so.  If you think communications are bad now, lucky you were never trying to watch TV during the rabbit ears days. Try traveling around the country sometime and notice all the cellular dead spots.  It's radio, not magic!

I've got myself, and I counted at least 25 friends (some already on Sprint, some not yet) who can't wait to get their hands on this phone.

We're not in love with Sprint; it's a corporation!  We're in love with what this phone can do for us, and it just so happens that Sprint service is good in our towns/homes, and the plans are priced OK.

Wizard

seeblue1 wrote:

"Seriously", just move move on and get out of the way.  Be happy.  I understand that some of you are P_O_ed that at your primary operating location Sprint service doesn't work very well.  That's too bad, and yes you may have to pay more to get better service from someone else; but that's life! Radios don't work "everywhere" even when a map says so.  If you think communications are bad now, lucky you were never trying to watch TV during the rabbit ears days. Try traveling around the country sometime and notice all the cellular dead spots.  It's radio, not magic!

I've got myself, and I counted at least 25 friends (some already on Sprint, some not yet) who can't wait to get their hands on this phone.

We're not in love with Sprint; it's a corporation!  We're in love with what this phone can do for us, and it just so happens that Sprint service is good in our towns/homes, and the plans are priced OK.

What exactly is your point?  You get decent Sprint coverage in your area... congratulations.  This post was by a guy who left Sprint because his service sucked and then some other guy who basically reprimanded him for not continuing to pay more for who knows how long in order to give Sprint a chance to work out the problems.  Since you neither left Sprint, nor have bad service, nor are unhappy with the iphone, nor are acting like a Sprint apologist... what is your point?

Wizard

SpencerHawkins45822 wrote:

I honestly have a fast *** iphone 4s, and I dont understand why you guys are complaining. and my speds are only like .19 and .34 ... down and up , so ... And mines pretty fast... and to download anything from the app store, takes me like a minute tops...

Are you being sarcastic?  You think .19 down is fast?

Journeyman

Im not saying it fast, but im not saying im disappointed? Those speed-test things can be very unaccurate, based upon the fact that its saying the server for me is out of some other state when i am in ohio, and all kinds of other stuff. To me, the phone works pretty darn fast, that is a third party application, and who knows how unaccurate the reading is ... My phone goes pretty fast for what that little tester is saying.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat