cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have scratches and other damage to my phone, but nothing major, will Sprint replace it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have scratches and other damage to my phone, but nothing major, will Sprint replace it?

I have an iphone 4S and pay monthly for insurance. I was wondering will sprint repair or replace my phone for me. It has a few scratches as well as some banged up corners from dropping it multiple times. I also am experiencing a VERY slow system (It feels like I am running on Windows 98), and my phone is constantly crashing. I am not sure if the damage came from dropping the phone, or updating the systems (didn't not have these problems until I started updating it). Anyway, I want to know what sprint will do for me. Honestly, if I can not get a replacement phone or satisfactory solutions, I probably wouldn't hesitate to not only stop paying for insurance and switching phone companies. Also, a MAJOR issue I am having is with my battery life. It sucks (and yes I know so does everyone else's).

1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: I have scratches and other damage to my phone, but nothing major, will Sprint replace it?

lynnshayriggs,

The insurance does cover a replacement at no cost if the device is not damaged physically. If the device is lost/stolen or physically damaged, there is a deductible fee charged. The deductible is significantly less than the full retail price of the device. In some cases, devices can retail between $600.00-$800.00. Having insurance can save you hundreds when you need a repair or replacement. We want you to have all the facts of the insurance program and what it covers. Please take a look at what is covered here> http://bit.ly/1rMG703 . You can also check out the insurance FAQ's here> http://bit.ly/1pFyO3g . We hope that this clears things up a bit. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
-Alexes
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat