cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help! I upgraded to iOS6 and now my phone won't power on!

Journeyman

I need help! I upgraded to iOS6 and now my phone won't power on!

I just tried to upgrade my iphone 4s and now I cannot get it to turn on. The screen is just black and nothing that I press is making any difference. Please someone- help me figur out how to get my phone back on.

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: I need help! I upgraded to iOS6 and now my phone won't power on!

If you hold the home and pwoer buttons for 15 seconds it will force the phone to power off. You can then try to turn it back on normally and see if it may have just gotten stuck.

Also make sure the phone is charged, leave it on a wall cahrger for about 30 minutes. A completely dead iPhone could take quite a while to turn on even to show the screen for the dead battery indicator.

If not, the phone may need to have the software restored using iTunes. You can do this yourself by holding the home button and plugging it into your computer, and iTunes will rpompt you about a phone in recovery mode. Or you can take it into a Service and Repair store to have it restored.

Journeyman

Thanks- trying to power it off didn't work. It looks like it already is powered off. The screen is black and I cannot get even a flicker of power to appear on my screen.

Master

Try to plug it in for about 30 minutes to a wall outlet and see if it pwoers on. If the battery is COMPLETELY dead then it may take a while before it even powers the screen on to tell you the battery is dead and needs to charge.

Journeyman

I fiddled with it a bit and kept trying to power it off and finally it started to work again. Thanks for the help

Master

No problem. :-)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat