cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 4s battery life?

Highlighted
Journeyman

IPhone 4s battery life?

I bought my 64GB 4s at a Sprint store Friday.  Activation was very quick according to the Sprint guy.  Phone seems to work very well but the voicemail had to be re-established.  3G speed is terrible like many others although it did improve considerably after a reboot - now getting about .3 Mbps on speedtest.  I used to get aroun .6 - 1 Mbps on my mobile hotspot so I assume Sprint will work out the speed issues.  My only reall issue is the battery life - it is worse than any mobile device I have used to date.  Last night I shut down location services, bluetooth, all apps in the multi tasking bar, wifi, etc. trying to reach a minimum battery drain with just the phone running.  I started from a 100% charge state and didn't touch the phone until this morning.  After 7 hours it was down to 7% - that's something like 4% per hour!  How are others faring with the battery?

34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted
Journeyman

IPhone 4s battery life? Not so good.

Sorry, that should read 70%, not 7%.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Honestly, for what the phone does, 4% per hour is not HORRIBLE. I do not know what you used in that time, but for 7 hours and it only lost 30% is good Maybe that is just me coming from a 4G phone where your battery was drained pathetically. My battery is not that bad at all. It goes about the same. I just never like to see my phone on low battery, so I do charge it whenever its at 50% at home and if I am driving and its not over 80%, I charge it. So...I have chargers everywhere I need as it is. Regardless, I dont see a battery problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Battery life for me improves after a few discharge/recharge cycles on a brand new phone..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah the POS phone you guys can't replace it either only 1 batery lolz

Highlighted
Journeyman

I personally never bought a spare battery to carry around in case I need. If I could get what I wanted out of the phone battery, then the phone just was not right for me. For me, this battery is great and lasts a while

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: IPhone 4s battery life? Not so good.

Newly switched from AT&T to Sprint

Here is my useage on my first day till next morning.  Phone was charged to 100% then used constantly till it died.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2420/photorz.png

Only about 20-30min talk time, and mostly just surf and netflix.  While on netflex, it's amazing that the phone only used about 4-5% of battery for half an hour of video...  The thing I find it uses most battery is when I did intensive wifi and 3G speed tests thing droped 10% in less than 20 min (which you can see screenshot of the test result on my website here:

http://vip.liography.com/Computers/iPhone-4S-Speedtest/19550806_B96Dkm#1531171286_G2rKKQf

And some videos I've made compareing my old captivate and new iphone 4s sprint version)

3G speed test, AT&T vs Sprint, Indoor, less than ideal signals.

Wifi browser rendering test:

I hope this helps you guys in making your purchasing decisions.

PS, I always thought sprint had better 3G than AT&T, but I guess not... now just need to wait for the LTE depoyment next year and the iPhone 5......

Highlighted
Wizard

carrie2711 - You seem to be so against the iphone. Well since AT&T, Verizon and Sprint sell it, maybe you should go over to T-mobile where they don't have it.

No battery issue here. My son has the Evo 4G and is constantly plugging it in and we don't have 4G.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed - Battery is great. Everyone always talks about 4G and how they are mad the iPhone is not 4G. I am happy that its not! If it were, the battery would drain so quickly like my EVO 4G did. This battery is great for me

Highlighted
Journeyman

I used to have the iPhone 4 on AT&T before I switched to Sprint a few months ago, and I got the iPhone4S 16GB on Friday. At first, the battery life on the 4S seemed worse than the iPhone 4. However, I remembered reading that letting your battery die and recharging it would keep the electrons in the battery running, thus, providing a better battery life. I did that, and I'm pleased with the results. I've achieved the same battery life as my old iPhone 4, which is really good. Aside from that, I went back to my old iPhone 4 settings. No push email, or FB notifications, etc. I really don't need them. And well, the battery life is simply amazing. Gone for a day with moderate use and only used 50% without having to recharge. So long Android and Windows Phones!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not sure what was going on but since doing a reset (home + Power buttons until Apple logo), my standby power usage has dropped from 4%/hour to negligible.  It's been several hours now and the battery percentage has only dropped to 98%.  Maybe there was some process that was going crazy but so far looks pretty good!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm considering to switch from an EVO to the 4S and I would like to hear what kind of battery draw people are seeing while having the blutooh on all the time.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat