cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 4s battery life?

Journeyman

IPhone 4s battery life? Not so good.

If you're not showing off to your friends or asking too many questions about local stores or weather. Try disabling Siri. Hope this helps too.

Journeyman

From AppAdvice.com:

Here Are 10 Ways To Improve Battery Life On The iPhone 4S -- AppAdvice

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2011/10/here-are-10-ways-to-improve-battery-life-on-the-iphone-4s

Journeyman

Thanks, closing the open apps has helped a lot. I used a task killer on my previous android device. Is there a similar app for the iPhone that can run in the background and auto kill apps so that we don't have to do it manually?

Journeyman

Here is the second day of use, all pushes off and just checking manually when I have free time to play with my phone during the day.

Probably gonna stand by for at least 48 hours since there are still plenty juice left.

http://vip.liography.com/photos/i-QJdnvK6/0/O/i-QJdnvK6.png

Journeyman

Uh at least it's better then ANDRIOD phones.

Journeyman

No, but most of those "running apps" are just short cuts essentially. They shouldn't use that much battery unless you have a game or something running in the background. I've had an iPhone for awhile, and I just switched from AT&T to sprint and purchased a 4s. That said, it does seem like my ip4s is losing battery at a fast rate while in standby. My problem may be that I have been unable to connect to the 3G network, so my phone is always searching for the network. In setting I disabled cellular data to see if this will help.

When 3G was unavailable on AT&T my phone would automatically use Edge. Is there no equivalent to edge on sprint? I don't know how many of you're unable to connect to a cellular data network period, but if you have a blue circle where 3G or E should appear, I suggest opening your phone settings and disabling "cellular data" until sprint fixes their network; this might be the reason the battery is draining the way it is.

Journeyman

http://youtu.be/elKxgsrJFhw   yeah way better

Journeyman

IPhone 4s battery life?

When I started this thread I was very unhappy with the way my battery was dropping in standby (4%/hour).  After trying the suggestions - hard reset, battery calibration (all the way down), turning off unused features (wifi, location services, push email, notifications, bluetooth, etc.) and going through several battery cycles - I would now characterize it is excellent!  Last night on standby from a full charge the phone still showed 100% after 7 hours.  Yesterday with moderate usage it went from 100% to ~90% after 10 hours.  I don't know exactly what caused the improvement, probably a combination but at this point I'm pretty much a happy camper.

Highlighted
Journeyman

photo.PNG

Look what I am at.This is with running no apps. The battery life is horrible.

Journeyman

weird, i'm on my 3rd day of use since full discharge, and this is screen shot from last of it's juice...  of course, email and app push off, location on

few internet browses, music and just checking fb and twitter updates, and maybe 20 min of phone call.  about 20% of time on Wi-Fi.  And background apps are constantly been closed by double tap home button and delete them all.

photo.PNG

Journeyman

IPhone 4s battery life?

same issue...kinda bums me out.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat