cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone Voicemail Issues

Journeyman

Re: IPhone Voicemail Issues

So, here I am 7 days after doing my fixes and my voicemail is still working great. I'll let you know in another week if it's still chuging along.

People sue for some ridiculous reasons, that's your right to do. In my opinion- suing because you're unwilling to do a few simple things even if it's inconvenient to have to do every few days- is just telling the world that you're angry and lazy and want to blame someone else for your troubles.

Should your voicemail just work?- YES, yes it should. Is it any one company or person's fault that it's having problems?- NO, it's not. Do I work for Sprint?- well Sprint employees get that fun little icon by thier name in the forums and I don't have that, neither does spencerhawkins18 but I'm sure you'll make your own decision about that too.

Master

The Apple 4s on sprint  came with ios 5.0   There was and update this Spring to ios 5.1   When this update  was sent out some of the phones started having a problem with Visual Voice mail on the device.   The symptoms vary between phones and some phones have not had any problems at all.   The simplist fix for the problem with these voice mail issues  

A new    voicemail message received cannot be played and shows length of 0:00

Voice mail box does not show any voice mails that have bee received by the before

Exit out of the phone app and go to home screen

Tap twice on the home button to bring up running apps

End the phone app by holding the phone icon until minus sigh appears click minus sign

Relaunch phone app wait 10 seconds and go to voice mail

Apple has found the cause of the problem and is working on a fix We do not have a estimated time of repair  from Apple

Journeyman

I am not on here to argue with people.  I'm on here to try to get sprint to fix the problem. If you can't understand that people may have jobs that require them to be able to access their voicemail instantly, then I don't know what to tell you.  Doctors, lawyers, stock brokers, and everyday people who go to work every day, MAY need to have their messages right away and do not have time to 'do the simple steps' that you are asking them to accept as something they should not be compensated for.  I do not have time to randomly reset the phone every 10 minutes.  Perhaps your problem was not as extreme as my problem so maybe you can't understand or see the other side of the coin.  This link is to try to help people get the problem fixed, not start arguements among sprint consumers.  Just because you don't have a special icon next to your name, doesn't necessarily mean you are not a sprint employee. I'm not saying you're an employee, just stating that the lack of an icon doesn't indicate anything.   Just because I don't want to reset my voicemail 100x a day doesn't mean I'm lazy, but you can call me lazy. It doesn't bother me.  This is the problem, no one wants to back up their work anymore or take responsibility.  If you want to sit back and take it, that's on you.  I've been with Sprint since 1997 and never had a complaint until now. Luckily, your phone works properly. 

Journeyman

All,

As I was the one who asked the original question that has started this long chain of replies, I thought it was time for me to chime in a little. First I want to thank everyone for their inputs, some have been very helpful, some very colorful.  I am still having issues with my voicemail, but am confident it will eventually be fixed, either with a software update or with the iPhone5 release in the fall.  I understand how frustrating this all is, I use my phone for business as well as personal calls and have to turn my phone off and do a hard restart 3 times a day and it is taxing at times, but I still love my iPhone and am very happy with my Sprint service. (I am not a Sprint employee or Apple employee).  While I am the original poster I cannot controll this forum, but I do have a simple request, please continue to post any solutions you have tried to fix your VVM, share those with us, express frustrations if you want, if that is saying your dropping Sprint, switching to an Android or filing a class action law suit go for it, but please do not refer to people as ignorant, stupid or any other colorful metaphor.  Let's respect each others opinions and comments, and be respectful of each other.

Thanks again to all for your suggestions for fixing the VVM problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is with the Software version of the phone.

Nothing that Sprint has done.

We need to wait for an upgrade, which is coming out rather soon from Apple... for iOS 6

Journeyman

I deleted the message then went into deleted messages and it plays out of there.  Lame way to make it work but at least I can access them now.

Never had a problem with Android.

Journeyman

Just wasted two hours of my life on the phone with SPRINT trying to get my visual voicemail to work the way it is supposed to ( without havig to reset my phone each time). Their contract and service agreement INCLUDE visual voicemail and it simply doesn't work for me and many others.

And, then they run you around trying to "fix" the problem when they KNOW there is no known fix with tech support, supervisor calls...all the while you are staring at your monitor and comments by hundreds of people with the same problem who went through the same routine.

So SPRINT:

• I want to be reimbursed for my monthly service fee for the past 10 months...since I purchased your phone and service which HAS NEVER WORKED CORRECTLY.

• I want you to provided the goods and services you promised in your service and sales agreements.

• I want you to REPLACE my phone and service that DOES DO NOT  DO WHAT YOU PROMISED and not at MY INCONVENIENCE.

• I want you to STOP PRETENDING that you can fix this problem and wasting peoples time and money with run around.

• I want your phone support staff to be NICE, LOGICAL and RESPONSIVE to this issue instead of giving people attitude when they have EVERY  right to expect the goods and services you have promised to deliver in service agreements.

• I WANT MY IPHONE TO WORK AS PROMISED.

Come Sprint...step up!

Journeyman

Had the voicemail issue, too - voicemail would not play without resetting the phone. I have not (knock on wood) had the issue since installing OS6...yet.

Journeyman

I've been dealing with this VM issue since I got my iPhone 5 via pre-order on the 21st.  I've wasted hours on the phone with Sprint, Apple Care, and Sprint again.  Sometimes we get promising results, but the problem always comes back. I paid for YouMail, but didn't like their pricing (and I'm annoyed that I have to pay for as BASIC a feature as VOICEMAIL!!!

Finally I saw Steve's post and decided to try the Google Voice app. Happy to report that it works perfectly! As a bonus, I even get the Google translation I enjoyed on my Android phone before I "upgraded" to the iPhone. I wish I could pay Google part of my Sprint bill for providing a critical piece of their service for them.

Why is it that Google and YouMail can handle a simple telecom feature like 'voicemail' but SPRINT cannot?

Journeyman

I had the same issues from the moment I got my iphone 4 and dealt with it for 2 years.  I just got the 5s and guess what... same thing.    I am on my boyfriend's account and his works fine on the same phones.  It is NOT the phone that is the problem.  It is something with Sprint's voicemail system.   I will NOT deal with it for another 2 years - especially after shelling out all of this money for a new phone!

Journeyman

iphone 5s, voicemail stopped playing back yesterday afternoon.  Followed steps of turning WiFi off, restarting phone, ##UPDATE#, etc.  still not playing back.  I can see all my available voicemails (including length), but when I try to press the play icon it just hangs and does nothing.

What is the fix now?  I hate calling my number to access voicemail remotely.

Journeyman

I'm having the same issues as you FlyingBy. Dead air when people call my voicemail, they never hear a beep or greeting: just dead air. I sometimes get voicemails of them saying "hello? are you there?" and sometimes I just get blank (00:00) voicemails in my vvm.

Can someone please help with this? Sprint has reset so many things on my phone, and apple has even had me backup and restore my iOS 7 after Sprint passed me off to Apple. Super frustrating.

FlyingBy, I sent you a private message on this Sprint community interface.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat