Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone Voicemail Issues

65 REPLIES
Master

Re: IPhone Voicemail Issues

DanGut101,

So it doesn't sound like there is an issue with the actual voicemail per se, but the low signal not allowing your device to ring, or call out when trying to reach voicemail. Do you know you can access your voicemail box from another phone?

Also, what area are you in (zipcode and xstreets) so we can take a look to see if there is anything going on?

Thank you,
*Shannon
Social Care
Journeyman

Update doesn't work for me either.

The issue seems to be random, with my Sprint iPhone deciding not to ring (with ringer on max volume + vibration) and going straight to voicemail...and refusing to play the message. resetting the phone only works sometimes, update always 'fails' and the fervent troubleshooting raises the temperature on the phone alarmingly fast. The only consistent solution is to have the iPhone off, OFF (can't make/receive calls, at all.) for 15 minutes.

How is this a serious problem? THE GLITCH JUST COST ME A JOB! I couldn't access a time sensitive voicemail that contained critical contact information, and in order to play it I had to brick my phone for 15 minutes...which unfortunately was when the contact window expired. All that could of been avoided if the dam thing let the call through...which I'm chalking up to a Sprint 3G problem.

Master

COLE515

We apologize for the frustrations that you have been experiencing with this issue. We have been trying to provide you with possible fixes for the problem. It is disappointing to hear that you are looking to go to another provider. Have you had an opportunity to bring your device to a Sprint Service Repair Center?

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I routinely have the same problem of a VM showing up in Visual VM but it shows no time amount for it and will not play.  Iphone 5S, newest updated version of iOs7.  I tried the above instructions multiple times and nothing works.  I called and listened to the VM so I it's there. 

This is pretty unacceptable.  In the time it took for me to run all these "answers" by the Sprint techs I have been searching fro better deals from other carriers.

Thanks for nothing

Master

tromba1,

Thanks for the reply regarding your issues with your voicemail on your iphone 5s.  Below are steps that should help you be able to access your voicemails.

From home, tap Phone.

On keypad, dial ##873283# and tap Call.

Tap OK.

Your device searches for profile updates and installs.

Tap Dismiss.

Tap the Home key.

After you do this, power the phone off and then back on.

If that does not work then try to reset the password by going to Settings, then tap Phone and then tap Change Voicemail Password.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Master

georgegeno,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm just following up to see how everything is going with your situation. Are you still experiencing any issues with voicemail? Just to clarify, have you checked to see if the people reaching out to you were the ones experiencing the service issues on their end? Please let us know.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I'm having the same issues as you FlyingBy. Dead air when people call my voicemail, they never hear a beep or greeting: just dead air. I sometimes get voicemails of them saying "hello? are you there?" and sometimes I just get blank (00:00) voicemails in my vvm.

Can someone please help with this? Sprint has reset so many things on my phone, and apple has even had me backup and restore my iOS 7 after Sprint passed me off to Apple. Super frustrating.

FlyingBy, I sent you a private message on this Sprint community interface.

Journeyman

iphone 5s, voicemail stopped playing back yesterday afternoon.  Followed steps of turning WiFi off, restarting phone, ##UPDATE#, etc.  still not playing back.  I can see all my available voicemails (including length), but when I try to press the play icon it just hangs and does nothing.

What is the fix now?  I hate calling my number to access voicemail remotely.

Journeyman

I had the same issues from the moment I got my iphone 4 and dealt with it for 2 years.  I just got the 5s and guess what... same thing.    I am on my boyfriend's account and his works fine on the same phones.  It is NOT the phone that is the problem.  It is something with Sprint's voicemail system.   I will NOT deal with it for another 2 years - especially after shelling out all of this money for a new phone!

Journeyman

I've been dealing with this VM issue since I got my iPhone 5 via pre-order on the 21st.  I've wasted hours on the phone with Sprint, Apple Care, and Sprint again.  Sometimes we get promising results, but the problem always comes back. I paid for YouMail, but didn't like their pricing (and I'm annoyed that I have to pay for as BASIC a feature as VOICEMAIL!!!

Finally I saw Steve's post and decided to try the Google Voice app. Happy to report that it works perfectly! As a bonus, I even get the Google translation I enjoyed on my Android phone before I "upgraded" to the iPhone. I wish I could pay Google part of my Sprint bill for providing a critical piece of their service for them.

Why is it that Google and YouMail can handle a simple telecom feature like 'voicemail' but SPRINT cannot?