cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet on my iPhone???

Journeyman

Internet on my iPhone???

Okay, Im not a cell phone expert. I assumed internet speed was tied to service provider, or the coverage in your area. While at home, yesterday, my internet speed was okay. Today, with my Iphone is VERY SLOWWWWW. What gives? Both phones (my prior phone and the IPhone) are 3G. Does the actual device account for a slower internet experience? I really like my IPhone but this is very annoying. Should I switch to 4G phone on a different carrier

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: Internet on my iPhone???

mine was really slow for the first day last night at about 1 it sped up and has been alright so far, it has seem to gotten a little better avg .7mbnps to 1.0 mbps sometimes at 1.5-2.0. 

Journeyman

I got mine yesterday...So.  at first no 3G signal at all in Phoenix.  Then when it did finally show up it took 3 minutes to download my gmail message list...ye th,s justthe list not e email itself.  I called "customer service" as they call it.  Explained problem to 4 different people since each time I got placed on hold I got tossed back into the call queue 'somehow'.  Then without an answer, the next 3 times I called 611 I waited 5 minutes only for the call to drop.  So while yes I think the iPhone is nice, without internet it is just a phone that plays music.  I'm bringing it back today.

One other thing...I preordered mine on 10/7 and received it 10-14.  Guess what??  My "service" started 10-10 and I get charged for 4 days of service while the phone sits in Kentucky.  I asked to have those 4 days credited and was told they are unable to do that.   So not paying for service when I don't even have the damn phone yet.  Sorry Sprint, but your CS sucks.  Sticking with T-Mo.

Journeyman

I live in Tampa had the phone 2 days.  My Internet is also very slow... On speed test I only getting 0.19 MBPS on the donload and 0.18 MBPS on the upload.  Called Sprint they are aware of the problems.    Will be returning if it is not fixed within the 14 day return window.  Not sure if the 14 day window starts on the day you pre ordered or the day you received the phone.   Their time is running out fast.

Journeyman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp_jpIdr_uw

I live in bellflower California and my 3G speeds are at 1.12mbps that's only 2 bars but I am using it right now and don't see any lag.

Also look at the video above, shows what sprint is going to do to fix 3G, I don't know when, but I hope it's soon.

Wizard

Wilz135 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp_jpIdr_uw

I live in bellflower California and my 3G speeds are at 1.12mbps that's only 2 bars but I am using it right now and don't see any lag.

Also look at the video above, shows what sprint is going to do to fix 3G, I don't know when, but I hope it's soon.

It will all be done by then end of 2013 at a cost of 10 billion dollar.

Journeyman

Can I please ask where you got the date from?

Wizard

Journeyman

Internet on my iPhone???

It's not the phone, it's the network. Which is currently suffering under a ton of usage from all the new iPhone activations and everyone downloading new apps and such to all their new devices. It should settle out soon hopefully. I can tell you it's not the phone itself because I ran speed test on the network, my wifi at work, and my wifi at home. 3G here in San Diego was faster than my work wifi, but my home wifi blew both out of the water. So the 4s is more than capable of stupid fast speeds, but sprints network is clogged up too much at the moment to allow it to run at its potential

Highlighted
Journeyman

Internet on my iPhone???

The WiFi radio and the 3G radio are independent. Speeds on 3G have absolutely nothing to do with WiFi speeds.

Journeyman

Internet on my iPhone???

incorrect, the slow down started prior to the launch of the phone, it is a known issue

Journeyman

I understand I as well. I have had them since 2002 with only 2 outages less than 4 hours each, but outages always happen on all carriers. Also check coverage again, there were roaming agreement changes, make sure that didnt effect you too, it did me.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat