cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 4S Unlock Dilemma

Go to solution
Journeyman

Iphone 4S Unlock Dilemma

I have been Sprint customer for past 6 years. I'm carrying an Iphone 4S since past 1.5 years. I'm going on an International Trip to Asia and wanted to unlock my Iphone4S.

Starting Feb3, 2013 I have placed calls to Sprint International Tech team almost 5 times. The first time the rep sent me a confirmation email and asked me to wait for next email to come in before embarking on restoring process through itunes. I waited for almost 1 week and when no email showed up I contacted them again. Surprise, no ticket or process has been intiated on my request. The Tech personnel took my phone's IMEI no., My details and said I willbe contacted in 24-48 hours. No call came. I again contacted International Tech team after 48 hours and a supervisior said that he will give me a call in 15 minutes and that I should be ready with the Sim Card no. inserted in my phone as there's a Carier Mismatch message popping up when they enter my phone details in their computer. I waited for 2 hours, no call came back. I contacted the International Tech team again and this time the CSR took all the details from my Settings- About including Network, Firmware, modem, IMEI and said she will have a response in next 24 hours. She called me in 12 hours and said no headway has been made in my case by her supervisior. I will have to wait. All this when I told them always that I will be leaving this weekend on my international trip.

Through out all this contacts, the CSR personnel at International Tech has been very professional & courteous but nobody is able to solve my problem. I can use any phone in Asia but since I'm a doctor there is tonnes of data & contacts & mails which I need to access on the go which is there in my iphone. I hope somebody can help me with this thing. Never had this bad experience from Sprint side before. Anybody can suggest anything, I will be grateful.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Iphone 4S Unlock Dilemma

You should not have to do an iPhone restore if it is successfully unlocked, just shove the new SIM into the phone. Yikes! What a major cluster****.

You should look into getting a Gevey Sim and bypass this whole sorry operation.

Journeyman

HOLY S***!!! so a supervisor called me back and gave me the MSL to see if they could do anything about it. IMPROVEMENTS!!! haha i was thinking about gevey sim a while ago but i want it to be factory unlocked because i finally own it no contract or anything. proud moment.

Journeyman

It finally got unlocked officialy on Feb 20th. Thanks to International Tech CSR-"Katrina". She continued to update me every single day after I escalated my complaint and even when I left for my International trip, she called on Feb 19th to update me that it has been unlocked. Thanks to her, I was able to use it without any problem with GSM operators in the visited country.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat