cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 4s WiFi issues after iOS 7.0.2 update

Highlighted

Iphone 4s WiFi issues after iOS 7.0.2 update

HELP!! I am having major issues with my WiFi connection after this update. I cannot turn on my WiFi or Bluetooth. I have tried the reset network settings and sometimes it works, but only for about 15 minutes, then it quits again and I am locked out. Are there any fixes for this or are we just waiting for Apple to correct this with another update? I do NOT want to buy another Iphone. This one worked great before this last update, no problems.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Iphone 4s WiFi issues after iOS 7.0.2 update

KILLSWITCHMARK1,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear of the issues you're coming across. When you slide up the settings from the bottom of the screen and tap on the WiFi or Bluetooth icon, do they not react at all? When going into the physical settings and sliding on, do they revert back automatically? Did the phone lose power or connectivity during the update? Has it been powercycled since this started?

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

When using the Control Center at the bottom of the home screen, I can tap the icons and it says they are on, but they are not. When I go to the physical settings and tap on the Wi-Fi, it is greyed out and unresponsive. When I tap the Bluetooth, it does the circle thing and never connects. Randomly, the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi will start to work, but it's becoming less and less frequent. I have tried the Reset Network settings numerous times and it mostly does nothing. I don't remember losing power or connectivity during the update, but it was strange that when I woke up in the morning and saw there was an update, the phone didn't let me do anything except do the update. After the iOS 7.0.2 update was finished, the Wi-Fi problems started. I have not done a powercycle, though I'm not sure what that is. What a noob, right? I am fixin' to try a restore to factory setting to see if that will fix it. I also have read on the Apple website that lots of people are having this same problem. I cannot afford a brand new phone and am not eligible for an upgrade until June or July of next year, so I might just be kinda screwed. The phone was a beauty until all this mess happened. If you can help me fix this, you will receive a mental high-five and +2,000,000 geek mana points.

P.S. I'm a little slow on this "technology" thing, so be gentle.

So, nothing? I haven't yet done a restore to factory setting. Should I? If I back up in iTunes, will I lose any data by resetting? Not replying or trying to help is a sure way to lose that mental high-five I offered.

Journeyman

I'm having same problem and I did restore to factory setting and I still can't turn my WiFi on and yes I lost stuff not all but some.

KILLSWITCHMARK1,

Thanks for your reply and my apologies for the delay. To do a powercycle on the phone, hold down the power button and the home button until the screen goes blank, and then release. Wait 1 minute and power the phone back up.

While I would lean towards a restore should the powercycle not work, I'd like for a store to do it if possible. With that said, if you can back up your data on your computer and run the restore through iTunes, it will certainly clear everything out. Please be advised that you could lose data if it is not properly backed up, which is why I always lean towards a service and repair center.

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

KILLSWITCHMARK1,

Thanks for your reply and my apologies for the delay. To do a powercycle on the phone, hold down the power button and the home button until the screen goes blank, and then release. Wait 1 minute and power the phone back up.

While I would lean towards a restore should the powercycle not work, I'd like for a store to do it if possible. With that said, if you can back up your data on your computer and run the restore through iTunes, it will certainly clear everything out. Please be advised that you could lose data if it is not properly backed up, which is why I always lean towards a service and repair center.

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

gradeaaaseller,

Thanks for your post. Did this start after the update or was this going on before? Has it been checked out at a Sprint service and repair center or Apple store?

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue for DAYS NOW!! Sprint think its ok to not offer 24/7 customer service for help! I work and attend school and I have no time during the day to call for help! can someone help me!! ever since I did the update my iPhone 4s is acting stupid! the WIFI turn on/off is grayed and it wont turn on, and if it does it doesn't show any networks and it will freeze the whole phone and restart by itself! I have also seen my battery draining like crazy!! Can Apple or Sprint take care of this ISSUE ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue for DAYS NOW!! Sprint think its ok to not offer 24/7 customer service for help! I work and attend school and I have no time during the day to call for help! can someone help me!! ever since I did the update my iPhone 4s is acting stupid! the WIFI turn on/off is grayed and it wont turn on, and if it does it doesn't show any networks and it will freeze the whole phone and restart by itself! I have also seen my battery draining like crazy!! Can Apple or Sprint take care of this ISSUE ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

Journeyman

and I tried the restoring network settings...tried turning Wi-Fi from control center....try power cycling.... can we get a real ANSWER!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat