cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 4s as Ipod touch

Journeyman

Iphone 4s as Ipod touch

I was curious if anyone know if the iphone 4s can become just like an ipod touch just without the phone capabilities.  I'm wavering between getting the 4s or ipod touch for my kid.  I wanted to know once I complete my service agreement if the iphone 4s can be more than just another paperweight.  In other words, will the iphone 4s do EVERYTHING that a IPOD TOUCH (4th gen) can do (just without phone calling capabilities).   

I would hate to find out after two years that the iphone 4s can't do what the ipod touch 4th gen can and have to stay continual lock into a carrrier.

Thanks for any help or clarification.

3 REPLIES
Master

Iphone 4s as Ipod touch

Yes it will be just like an iPod Touch. Also with a VOIP app And a Google Voice account/number it can still be used as a phone, Carrier free.

Wizard

Iphone 4s as Ipod touch

Wizard

Iphone 4s as Ipod touch

Awesome link seeblue1, thanks for posting! I have an old iPhone from 2007 that I still use today! Personally - I have Airplane mode turned on and WiFi turned on also. Works awesome! Syncs with iTunes, works with Apple Store, plays music and games, etc. How many other phones from 2007 still work?!?