cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 4s insurance?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 4s insurance?

Why is that the other carriers selling the Iphone is providing insurance for lost, theft, and injuries through the company as a added monthly bill but Sprint is not? I dont understand the logic behind that. Applecare is understandable being as though the device is a Apple product but I would also like the added security of lost and theft. Im not expecting for my phone to be missing or stolen but hey u just never know!

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 4s insurance?

If this is true, do you know the details of this insurance these "other carriers" are offering? Is it both Verizon & At&t or just 1? In other words, more details if you have it....where did you get this information?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 4s insurance?

Google 'squaretrade' they will tell you cost and details on additional insurance for any phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 4s insurance?

also try www.worthavegroup.com ...they also offer theft coverage.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 4s insurance?

I just received a promo code for Securranty.com  it's DEAL5OFF and good till Thursday at midnight.  They also give an additional 5% when you pay warranty in full.

On Friday, they are doing a promo for movie tickets and $50 gift card.  Should I make a new thread? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 4s insurance?

they dont. Nobody ever has. Since day one on ATT if you got an iphone, you had to get Apple care for the insurance coverage. I am getting so tired of the whiny people making things up and posting them without any credible sources.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 4s insurance?

Yes Att and verizon provide insurance through their companies.This is verified and true because i am a former Att customer that had a Iphone 4 with them. Furthermore, I am not a whiny complainer! I was inquiring on why other companies offer this service but not Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 4s insurance?

I confirmed my results by going on att website and going in as though i was ordering a iphone. After choosing Iphone towards the end of the page it asked for me to pick a insurance plan for the iphone. Att offers two plans...one for $6.99 and $9.99 respectively every month on your bill. Also if you google Att Iphone insurance plans it clearly states that Att started offering insurance plans for the phone through the company earlier this year opposite of Applecare.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 4s insurance?

Like you said, there is no coverage for lost or stolen phone. I recommend that you get coverage at a Best Buy or Radio Shack. There is no deductible with Best Buy and this is a major killer with Sprint...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 4s insurance?

At&t has never offered insurance for the iphone and I believe Verizon has it for $20 a month so basically in 2 years of paying that you could just buy a new one. Iphones are too popular and expensive and would be a losing proposition to insure. Get the apple care and just be very careful with your phone. The bottom line is the iphone5 will probably be out in June so just be extra careful.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 4s insurance?

Hi GeneralLee3,

I was required to pick up Apple insurance instead of insurance from sprint at the time I purchased the Iphone 4s.  I have now lost (or it was stolen) my phone.  I went to sprint and was told they do not cover lost/stolen iphones.  I was assuming they would be working with the apple insurance and therefore, since they said it is not covered, then apple does not cover this type of claim.  I have since heard that apple does cover lost/stolen claims for a cost of course but, I can not find my ppwk for a phone number to call.  Do you know if the latest rumor is correct that apple will cover lost/stolen??  I am holding out for hope!!  Probably by the time I hear back from you I will have this information but, thought I would send a reply anyhow. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Wizard

Iphone 4s insurance?

http://www.apple.com/support/products/iphone.html

AppleCare doesn't cover lost, misplaced, or stolen phones.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat