cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 4s wont receive all texts sent to me. Any common fixes?

Journeyman

Iphone 4s wont receive all texts sent to me. Any common fixes?

I have an I phone 4s. I have some friends that receive my texts. But I dont always receive there text back. Some of the friends I cant get any texts from.

Is there any fixes for this?

Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
Master

Re: Iphone 4s wont receive all texts sent to me. Any common fixes?

FatdogBoo,

Thank you for the post. I can understand your frustrations when it comes to communicating with your friends. We are on the case. Are you using IMessaging or any other 3rd party apps? Have you updated your profile on the device? Let us know. We are going to figure this out for you.

Social Care,

Lamar

Journeyman

I use the messages button that the I phone came with.

I also checked with thoughs that Im having trouble with. One is an AT&T customer, one is a Verizon, Im not sure about the others. I will ask as this problem continues.

Journeyman

I did go through the process turning the phone off & on. Also dialing ##87___# (I forget the number) to update the cell towers?

Master

FatdogBoo,

Thank you for the updates. Are you having trouble with any other services? Do you know anyone else with Sprint having these same troubles? We want to look into your area. Please provide us with a nearby cross street and zip code? this will allow us to pinpoint your towers. We are on the case.

Social Care,

Lamar

Journeyman

Im not having anyother issues. My cell service has receintly improved a bit. I dont think it is a tower issue. I have the problem receiving texts from certain people no matter where I am.

My work area is Broad St. & Silvercreek Rd 44281 & Hametown Rd & Akron Rd. 44203

Highlighted
Master

FatdogBoo,

I did not see any tower issues in your area. When they send the texts to you do they get an error?

Thank you,

*Paida.

Journeyman

What I receive is a phone call from the sender wandering why I didn't respond.

No error messages

I see other complaints in the community forum

Is it a Sprint thing?

Master

FatdogBoo,

Try sending a text messaging to your own 10-digit phone number. Do you receive the message?

*Julian
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

So I tried sending myself a text. I did receive it after 5 minutes.

Also over the weekend I was sent a text at 5pm from a friend. I received it 12 hours later.

I find no common denominator, failed texts are coming from all carriers, including sprint.

Master

FatdogBoo,

I will mark the location you provided for further review by the Field Techs.  However, some towers in your area are still being updated which can sometimes cause customers to experience intermittent delays in sending and receiving text messages, slow data speeds, delays in receiving voicemails, and blocked calls. 

Keep doing the profile update every now and then as this will let your device reflect the updates and/or changes to the towers. 

Stephanie C.

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hey just thought I would let everyone know.

I got the problem fixed!

My contract was up with Sprint so I switched to Verizon.

Problem Solved.

So much for spotty service from Sprint.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat