cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone experiencing screen rotation during texting on the iPhone 4S?

Highlighted

Is anyone experiencing screen rotation during texting on the iPhone 4S?

Full Picture of iPhone 4S.pngI bought the 16GB iPhone 4S and loved it at first, but now when I'm texting the screen will automatically rotate without me moving the phone to cause the rotation.  I have to turn my phone in a circle letting it move to each screen position before it will go back to the normal position of the screen being upright.  I don't have anything in my phone settings to control this or to stop it from rotating like other types of cell phones have.  Is anyone else experiencing this kind of problems?  If so please let me know if you've been able to find a solution to this problem.  This is making me really regret buying the iPhone when I signed up for Cell service.

1 REPLY 1
Wizard

Re: Is anyone experiencing screen rotation during texting on the iPhone 4S?

The iPhone has a portrait orientation lock:

At the Homescreen, Double-tap the Home Button to bring up the Task Switcher. Swipe the Taskbar all the way to the right where you'll see the music controls on the far left. Touch the left-most icon (Portrait Orientation Lock/Unlock).

Screen shot 2012-09-07 at 8.19.00 PM.png

From: http://www.gilsmethod.com/tip-lock-unlock-iphones-screen-orientation

You may be having a problem with your accelerometer or gyro on your phone and might want to have the Apple Store look at it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat