cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there going to be a Sprint Family Locator iPhone app?

SOLVED
Journeyman

I use the Sprint Family Locator App daily on my Evo.  I plan on getting the iPhone, but I want to make sure this app is going to be available to locate the iPhone as well.  Anyone know?  It is not in the Apple App Store as of today.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES
Highlighted
Wizard

From the looks of it, it does not appear that it will be supported:

• At this time, we do not plan on adding Sprint-exclusive applications to the iPhone experience.
  • We do not plan on having Sprint ID available on iPhone either.

Workforce locator could be the exception, I'll try to find a more solid answer.

Journeyman

Any news on this yet?

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hello,

I validated this afternoon that there will be no family locator or workforce locator. The device rejects unsolicited network attempts to obtain location from the device.

I hope this information answers your question.

Thanks,

Blue

Journeyman

This probably does not help your need for Sprint Family Locator but iOS 5 does have a locator app.

Limited to iOS devices though...

With the new iCloud, iOS 5 includes Find My Friends and Find My iPhone which does the same thing as the Family Locator except it is limited to iOS.

You can read up on it on apples website.

Wizard

Just out of curiosity... what do most people use this app for?  Checking on children and employees, or spying on spouses / significant others?  I don't have any children with phones right now, and I would never bother trying to use it to see where my wife is since I trust her to be where she tells me she is.  Just wondering since I don't see how I personally would use it, unless there is some other use that I haven't thought of.

Journeyman

Make sure that teenage kids are where they say they are.

Wizard

Fair enough.  I figured it was either teenage kids or employees... of which, I have neither.

Journeyman

It also can come in handy if someone misplaces their phone.  I also used it when my son who is navigationally impaired would get lost.  I could see where he was and then give him directions.

Journeyman

My husband works in the film industry and will be at any number of filming locations in the US. Also, he is a type 1 diabetic, and occaisionally, if his levels plummet, he becomes disoriented or unconscious... the SFL has rescued him many times, as I can call sheriffs and tell them exactly where to find him. I also used it to locate my mother when she had an auto accident, her car driving off the side of a mountain road. It was used, too, when my daughter's phone was stolen. Located the phone and the thief.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.