cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lets talk cases

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lets talk cases

Did you already purchase an iPhone 4S case, if so which one?  I did not buy one online, plan is to head out to Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc. when I physically have the phone later today and see if we can find something I like.  Replacement on these phones are $$$, but I have a ton of friends that have the iPhone 4 and it has survived several drops and the front screen is supposed to be Gorilla Glass or an equivalent so it's supposed to be pretty tough, but nonetheless getting a case ASAP.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

Lets talk cases

I havent bought my Iphone 4s just yet(have to wait until the 18th), but I plan on getting the Mophie Juice Pack Plus...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lets talk cases

I ordered a body glove snap on case from amazon for mine. Case came in a few days ago. I went with that case because I have been using their cases on my last 3 phones. I like the way they look and feel and I know they are very durable. I've dropped my bb a few times and it's still in perfect shape thanks to the body glove case

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lets talk cases

I looked at otterbox last night but the colors we wanted were already sold out plus they said it start shipping today so would not have come till late next week...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lets talk cases

I went with a kind of cliche choice, the Speck Candyshell. I bought the white iPhone and decided to go with a white case with pink accents. I like the sleekness of the matching white on white with just a pop of color. I also went ahead and "customized" my case by putting some stickers on the back. Stalking the street for any sign of the UPS driver, but you can be sure that as soon as my phone comes out of the box it's going into the case. 😃 Hope you find one you like.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lets talk cases

I purchased an Otterbox as well.  I am however, worried that I didn't get the most durable case.  I purchased the Reflex series...and I'm worried it isn't as tight of a fit as the Defender series.  I didn't purchase AppleCare+ (I thought I did then realized I didn't...) so I want to make sure that nothing happens to it!  I've heard some horror stories about cases not working and breaking the glass, so for a better piece of mind, if you go with an Otterbox...get the Defender series!  Just make sure when you're looking for cases, you can purchase one for the iPhone 4 as long as it's one of the later ATT models or just a Verizon model.  The ATT model was slightly different before the Verizon one came out and since they've made changes to the design. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Lets talk cases

I bought a purple/white otter box defender series case off Amazon. It was like $25.00. I looked at the reviews and for the most part it said it would fit a white Verizon iPhone 4 (which is the same body as the iPhone 4S). I put it on my phone today and fits perfectly. I've taken pictures and the holes for the cameras line up. Everything seems to line up well. The mute button isn't centered...but it definitely works and is accessible. Also, I'm not sure if it was centered with the Verizon iPhone 4.

The biggest issue I've heard is that the screen doesn't go black when you make/receive a call (cover the sensor). Initially, I did not need to take the plastic covering over the sensor off to make the screen go black However, I eventually did have to take the plastic covering over the sensor off for the screen to go black. The phone feels safe and secure. It is bigger so it's not as sleek as without the case, but considering what you spend on it...you want to protect your investment. I feel like if I drop it, it's not the end of the world.

Hope this has been helpful. If there are any questions or anything else you want to know, just ask. 🙂

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lets talk cases

Here's one I'm also looking at http://www.iskin.com/iphone4/aura/#gallery

Highlighted
Wizard

Lets talk cases

I'm going to suggest to my wife that she pick up a case on ebay... you can get one for literally 10% of what you'll pay at a retail store.

As for Gorilla Glass, my EVO supposedly has that as well and I somehow managed to scratch it while being pretty careful.  There are also a few tiny light scuffs / swirls.  Zagg invisible shields are very pricey, but are worth looking into, IMO.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lets talk cases

the cheapest place to get any phone accessories is

http://cellphoneshop.net

iphone cases under $5 bucks $4 bucks $3 bucks and $bucks. beat that.. anyone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Lets talk cases

For the time being I just picked up some Otterbox commuter for IPhone 4 cases, Best Buy has a 30 day return policy so while we shop for what we want at least the devices will be protected in the mean time.  I am paranoid about this phone cause a replacement is $$$. At 39.99 a pop these will be going back, but just wanted something for now, my wife is brtual on phones, ask our now retired Samsung Rogue... on her 3rd one... thankfully we got some refurbs cheap.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lets talk cases

XO skins are great!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat