cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major texting issues with new iPhone 4s/Sprint network? zip 34606

Highlighted
Journeyman

My husband and I both recently purchased new IPhone 4s's  and also purchased the 4 for my sister !  Love the phone.  All of a sudden this week we are having major problems with sending and receiving text messages, imessages...you name it.  Actually, we are even having trouble sending messages across other networks OR to a blackberry on our same account.

ALSO, there are several days where I will receive dupilcate messages from someone SEVERAL times an hour !  ALL.Night.LONG ! 

having very delaying receipt of voicemail and no incoming calls for 2 days. 

Any thoughts.  

zip code 34606.  I have an Airvave. The problem occurs whether I am on the airrave or not. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

Congratulations on your new phones.  I am sorry you're having an issue with messaging.  We are aware of an issue with receiving sms text messages while connected to Airave and are working on a fix as soon as possible.   Have you done any steps yourself to try to fix this when you are away from the Airave?...like powercycling your iPhones (hold down power until it says slide to power off and then turn it back on).  If you've tried that already or it did not work, please visit a Service & Repair Center. 

-John

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do not take your phone into the Sprint Service & Repair center it will be a waste of time. I waited for 1.5 hours and got no help they told me to go to the apple store because apple is the one who does repairs on the phone. So don't waste your time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got my iPhone activated and immediately started having troubles with texting.  I do have an AirRave in the house and maybe that's the problem.  I'll try cycling my phone and the AirRave to see if it makes a difference.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know if it's a permanent fix or not; but I turned off my iPhone and my AirRave.  Leaving the iPhone off, I plugged the AirRave back in and waited about 10 minutes for it to be fully up and running.  I then turned my iPhone back on and let it get it's full bars.  I was then able to send text messages again.  Now that I think of it, I haven't tested recieving them though.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat