cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Send Failure

Patron

Message Send Failure

iMessage works fine on 3G, but text messages will not send. It doesn't matter what carrier or what format the phone numbers I am texting to are on. I always get "Message Send Failure"

Does anyone know how to fix this? I have been and am still on the phone with tech support with no luck.

6 REPLIES 6
Patron

Message Send Failure

Finally found that our AirRave cell phone booster was causing this issue. After discussing this with AirRave tech support, it's not just the iPhone 4S. They are aware of the issue and have been working on the fix.

Journeyman

Message Send Failure

They have been working on this airrave issue  since at LEAST June 2011.   Good luck.    Othere Airrave issues includesending and/or recieving mulitiple copies of a text. -sometimes as many as 40 copies.    And also not sending both parts of a 0001/0002 text (ie one longer than 160 characters)

I think I have spent upward of 60 hours on tech support calls in the past 8 months (all airrave related). 

All known issues since spring.  No fix in sight.   

On a relatively positive note usually when I get the text not sent message the text actually was sent.  

Highlighted
Patron

Message Send Failure

I recently had to have an airwave sent to me from Sprint because apparently where I live I do not have reception (3 towers in my area). I tried setting it up 3 times, it never worked. All 3 times while I was setting it up, it killed the internet in my house. So i basically have the choice of being able to send/rec texts calls consistently or have internet access, but not both. Surprisingly, the texting issue seemed to right itself after 4 months of no relief, so the airwave isn't "needed" at the moment. Should the problem pop up again, I'll just have to cancel service and rejoin at&t or join verizon.

Journeyman

Message Send Failure

After a long, frustrating process with Sprint's customer service, my biggest advice is do NOT purchase this phone if you use an Airrave. What the Sprint commercials and stores do not tell you is that Sprint's Airrave is not yet compatible with the iphone. We have been receiving old text messages over and over (up to 10 times in the span of an evening) and cannot send any outgoing texts. Why no one mentioned this when purchasing the phone beats me, but Im pretty sure it has to do with Sprint's complete lack of interdepartmental communication and the fact they can get away with selling you a phone and not taking it back.

Of course we spoke to Airrave support (3 times) and they upgraded the firmware but ultimately we were told that this was a known problem and that there is "nothing more they can do" before sending us to "customer service." So we explained the situation to customer service, who of course had no clue that there was such an issue (along with the people in the retail stores). Their ultimate solution was to send a replacement phone (REFURBISHED HTC Hero) until the problem is resolved. Well, this "solution" has some problems: 1. We spent 200 dollars for an upgraded phone but now we have to use an 80 dollar phone (thats 80 dollars NEW - we are not being provided a refund of the difference). 2. Now I have to spend the time calling them every month to see if the problem is fixed (which they have no idea as to when). The solution we were looking for is to have the iphone replaced with a comparable phone (in price) like the Evo 4G. Had we known about this issue, that's the phone we would have purchased in the first place.

I think if they knew when this problem will be solved, especially since they've had the iphone already for 4 months, and they can confirm it will be a relatively short period of time, then I would be more willing to accept their offer; otherwise, I believe that the fairest solution would be to replace the iphone with a phone that is compatible with the Airrave. We are out 200 dollars and are forced to use a phone now that we never wanted. So much for waiting for the upgrade.

I would stick with the Evo if I were you.

Buyer beware!

Journeyman

Message Send Failure

My sister's  iPhone is working as well (or as badly) as anyother phone in my house with the airrave.   (see my post from Jan 10 on this thread for a description of the issues.)  Everytime we  bring a new phone into the house we have to reboot the airrave from scratch (the long reboot unplugging everything and reconnecting as we did the first time).  Even then, often we get the mulitiple text/ or text not sent problem.   It has somethign do do with the airrave not letting the sms signal through correctly so your phone\ cannot send a confirmation that the text went through - so the text just keeps trying.  Leaving the airrave area, removing the battery and putting it back in then  rebooting the phone usually fixes the problem on the non iPhone phones (including the EVO which is performing just as badly as any other phoen with the airrave) .  We haven't yet experienced the problem with the iPhone and you can't remove the battery right?  So not sure if a reboot or restart (away from the airrave) would solve the problem also on the iPhone.   Hope this helps. Tech support at sprint regarding the Airrave is just crap.  Call 10 times in one night (even if you call the dedicated airrave number) and get 10 different answers to the exact same problem.     Good luck.  I am out of contract so am shopping around for a carrier with a better signal in my neighborhood.   8 happy sprint years followed by 2 miserable sprint airrave years.

Journeyman

Re: Message Send Failure

I know the last post is fairly old, but I am having the same issue with my iPhone 4S running iOS 5.1.1. I have had this phone for about 7 months now and have had the airave in my home for longer than that and it worked just fine. All of a sudden as soon as I hit send it goes immediately to the red circle with the ! in the middle. iMessage send as my Apple ID because I am connected via wi-fi. I called sprint, we reset my phone entirely 3 times, and we even reset the network 2 times, same issue happened. I finally had enough and went into the store and they said they couldnt' help me. As soon as I said my iPhone is having problems, they said oh we don't get trained on Apple products or material, you will have to talk to Apple. So, I get even more upset, so I go to apple, and they say yeah carriers blame us all the time, so the guy checks a coupe things and finally just gives me a new iPhone 4S 64gb. So I go home all happy that this is going to work. I send my first regular SMS message, SAME THING!! I call sprint again and tell them that this has to be on their end. Mind you I have anohter iPHone 4s on my account and is not having any issues at all. So after resetting my phone again! The guy says, oh yeah, it looks like there is a tower down in your area. I was so mad that they didn't tell me that in the first place. That when I went into the store they just blew me off. But whatever, I am going to go home and see if they have fixed the tower. Which apparently is supposed to be fixed today, 8/2/2012. Good luck everyone!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat