cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Sprint TV and Navigation.

Journeyman

Really miss Sprint TV and Navigation of the 4s. I hope Sprint is able to fill in these holes in their program on a timely basis. Does anyone have a tv workaround?

26 REPLIES
Highlighted
Master

At this time, we do not plan on adding Sprint-exclusive applications to the iPhone experience, or to offer Sprint ID on the iPhone.Please visit this URL for more info.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_out_if_Sprint_exclusive_applications_like_Sprint_Navi....

Wizard

There are a mishmash of video/TV apps in the iTunes App Store.  Some you pay, some are free.  Since I don't use any of them, I'd suggest reading the previews (Apple link below) and trying some out.  You may need to use several.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/genre/ios-entertainment/id6016?mt=8

As far as navigation apps, a search in this forum will lead to a list of alternatives.

Journeyman

I've had many Sprint phones and all of them had Sprint navigation on them.  So when I got my new iPhone I assumed it would also have Sprint navigation.  I don't feel Sprint is thinking about the impact of some of their decisions on long term customers.  I also don't appreciate them eliminating Sprint Premier!

TJR5350 wrote:

I've had many Sprint phones and all of them had Sprint navigation on them.  So when I got my new iPhone I assumed it would also have Sprint navigation.  I don't feel Sprint is thinking about the impact of some of their decisions on long term customers.  I also don't appreciate them eliminating Sprint Premier!

The iPhone 4 and 4S are just like the Google Nexus S 4G in relation to Sprint applications. They are not available because they are not allowed by the carrier agreement with the manufacturer. The software on these phones come direct from the manufacturer and do not have any Sprint modifications to them. This includes things like SprintTV and Sprint Navigation. This does not mean this can't be changed in the future, but at the moment the agreement does not allow any modifications for things like this by Sprint.

Journeyman

Re: Missing Sprint TV and Navigation.

The iPhone is not like any other phone, in that the applications preloaded are driven by Apple, not Sprint (Or Verizon and AT&T). 

Sprint made a business decision to take the iPhone the same way the other carriers do, and that is carrier bloatware free. No "Vzw" junk

on the Vz phone,  or ATTrash on Ma Bell's. I am SOOOOOO glad to be rid of the crapware that came with my Evo that I could not get rid

of without rooting the phone.

The MapQuest (free) app from the App Store, does all Sprint Nav did - including voice. 

It is not likely Sprint will invest in application development for iOS unless they see a need, and at this time there is no need.

Journeyman

As a business person, it slows me down not having GPS Navigation on the Sprint Everything Business Plan.

Journeyman

No sprint tv and no gps navigation.  But now you pay a premium data fee every month that you did not pay with your old smart phone that had tv and navigation.  Not to mention that the plan is the "unlimited data" plan.  But you still need the extra fee to use your unlimited plan, because your phone uses too much data.

Journeyman

have you used mapquest nav system? it sucks i used it today and if i did not know somewhat where i was i would of got lost cause each time it would tell me by voice to turn i had already passed that street serveral times then had me turn down a  oneway street very dangerous and on top of that had me going wrong direction if not for maps on iphone i would not got to where i was going lol

Journeyman

You guys are