cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Sprint TV and Navigation.

Wizard

This link explains the reason for the Premium data fee, in short it is primarily to compensate for increased cost of providing service because of high data usage in PDA phones as compared to standard feature phones. http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/announcements/blog/2011/01/18/sprint-makes-pre...

Highlighted
Journeyman

the palm pre was so much better than this crappy iphone so much easier to use did multiple apps at once the iphone you have to exit a program to access another.

Journeyman

ya especialy since we are paying for those features and they jacked my bill up ten bucks for having this crappy phone

Journeyman

I agree.  No surprises there.  The surprise was getting a bill with a $10 "premium data fee".  When I asked about it, this is what happened (I am paraphrasing the conversation with the sprint agent):

- that's a 3G fee

- I had the Palm Pre, which is 3G, and I did not have that fee.

- oh, no, sorry.  It's a 4G fee.

- I'm getting the iPhone.  That's not a 4G phone.

- No.  But smart phones use a lot more data than regular phones.  That's why we charge the fee.

- So it's because of the amount of data used?

- Yes.

- But my plan is an unlimited data plan.  So why do I have to pay more if I use a lot of data on a plan that includes unlimited data?

- But it's premium data.

- You mean, premium, like live TV and voice prompted navigation?

- Yes

- But the iPhone doesn't have either of those

Well, you get the picture...

Journeyman

Waze is a perfectly acceptable (free) alternative to Sprint Navigation. I missed it at first to, but know Waze has replaced it and works great.  There is youtube and many apps for video. The Iphone is not advertised as a phone that carries Sprint TV. I researched all these things prior to buying my iphone and there were no suprise's.

Journeyman

Yeah... that is Sprint's icing on the cake.  We now have to pay the additional data on phones that use a lot of data, even though they are on an unlimited data plan to begin with.  Ohh...  but now we use less data becasue we do not have access to Sprint Live TV nor Sprint Navigation.

Journeyman

I've the Navigon navigation on my ATT phone which i downloaded on to my wifes Sprint iPhone. But i agrree you pay $10 extra and now you have to pay for the navigation !!

Journeyman

You guys are

Journeyman

have you used mapquest nav system? it sucks i used it today and if i did not know somewhat where i was i would of got lost cause each time it would tell me by voice to turn i had already passed that street serveral times then had me turn down a  oneway street very dangerous and on top of that had me going wrong direction if not for maps on iphone i would not got to where i was going lol

Journeyman

No sprint tv and no gps navigation.  But now you pay a premium data fee every month that you did not pay with your old smart phone that had tv and navigation.  Not to mention that the plan is the "unlimited data" plan.  But you still need the extra fee to use your unlimited plan, because your phone uses too much data.