Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Simultaneous Voice and Data on Cellular Tower(s)

Go to solution
Patron

No Simultaneous Voice and Data on Cellular Tower(s)

I was told by a sprint sales clerk that I would be able to use my voice and data simultaneously and unfortunately it's simply not true.

You can only use data and voice as long as you're using Wi-Fi.  My old palm pre would do voice and data simultaneously.

Why is this the case, that an iPhone 4S, can not do simultaneous voice and data on cellular tower(s)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wizard

If your Pre was on Sprint you could not do voice and data at the same time on a cdma network it just isn't possible. EVDO Rev isn't set up for simultaneous voice and data.

dd

I am an advocate for Sprint, in order for me to comply with FTC rules I must state that I was a SAGE 2011 attendee. Expenses associated with SAGE 2011 were covered by Sprint Nextel Corporation and HTC. My attendance at the event in no way precludes me from speaking in favor or against items of interest to Sprint or HTC.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

If your Pre was on Sprint you could not do voice and data at the same time on a cdma network it just isn't possible. EVDO Rev isn't set up for simultaneous voice and data.

dd

I am an advocate for Sprint, in order for me to comply with FTC rules I must state that I was a SAGE 2011 attendee. Expenses associated with SAGE 2011 were covered by Sprint Nextel Corporation and HTC. My attendance at the event in no way precludes me from speaking in favor or against items of interest to Sprint or HTC.

View solution in original post

Journeyman

You would only be able to use your voice and data simultaneously if you were using WiFi. Sprint and Verizon are both on a CDMA network. CDMA networks are not abot to do voice and data at the same time. That's always been the case and I have no idea how you were getting your Palm Pre to do it. I had a Palm Pre back in the day and was not able to do voice and data at the same time.

I find it strange that the sales clerk said that to you.

Journeyman

umm Funny thing is I was able to have my palm pre to do Voice and data at the same time as well. Was not on Wifi. I would talking on speaker and checking my emails and searching for random things on the web

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat