cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sprint Navigation on the iPhone 4S?

Highlighted
Journeyman

No Sprint Navigation on the iPhone 4S?

I switched from a Palm Pre and I loved the use of Sprint Navigation. Now I have the iPhone 4S and see no Naviation app.. Is there any?

65 REPLIES 65
Highlighted
Journeyman

Umm I know what a power source device is.

Now since we are talking about manufactured hmm lets see sprint does not manufacture phones.

Manufactures are, LG, Samsung Research in Motion, Motarolla, Apple etc.

Now if we are talking about branding then ok I will buy that because no where does my iphone says sprint so it is not branded for sprint. So if that is in fact the case then the fine print to read branded, sprint or nextel devices.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My account page shows that my Iphone supports Sprint Navigation. It even tells me how to find it but I can't find it on my phone. I give a flying crap about fine print. The simple fact is that Sprint claims that my Iphone comes with GPS Navigation and it doesn't any GPS Navigation apps installed on it with no directions for installing the sprint navagation app. I have the Simply Everything package and I want what I am paying for. Now unless you have something helpfull to point out other than being a jack ass with the fine print that doesn't jibe with what is advertised in my phone details then go pound sand.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Download Mapquest app.  It's free and has turn by turn voice guided directions and works great.  Problem solved

Highlighted
Master

ComputersCanDoThat wrote:

My account page shows that my Iphone supports Sprint Navigation. It even tells me how to find it but I can't find it on my phone. I give a flying **** about fine print. The simple fact is that Sprint claims that my Iphone comes with GPS Navigation and it doesn't any GPS Navigation apps installed on it with no directions for installing the sprint navagation app. I have the Simply Everything package and I want what I am paying for. Now unless you have something helpfull to point out other than being a jack *** with the fine print that doesn't jibe with what is advertised in my phone details then go pound sand.

And then people wonder why the lawyers get insane amounts of money for making a couple of paragraphs...

These are the facts and no amount of fine print reading/twisting/fanagling will make any difference in this regard:

Apple does not allow the iPhone to come preloaded with applications from the carrier, this includes things like Sprint TV and Sprint Navigation. The same goes for Google's Nexus devices (it is not only Apple). The Nexus S does not come preloaded with any of the Sprint applications as well and only has the apps from the Market available, just like the iPhone has the App Store. Sprint does not promise that all of our phones will support GPS Navigation, or that we will provide a GPS Navigation with turn-by-turn directions free of charge on all of our devices. The iPhone does have applications available for it that support GPS Navigation like TeleNav in the App Store for free. Our plans include GPS Navigation as long as the device is supported by our applications, which the iPhone is not due to Apple's restrictions, same for Google's Nexus S 4G.

The fact remains that the iPhone DOES support GPS Navigation with the required hardware but Sprint does not provide an applciation for it. You must get a separate application provided by another company, who may charge for their service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

halcyoncmdr123 wrote:

The fact remains that the iPhone DOES support GPS Navigation with the required hardware but Sprint does not provide an applciation for it. You must get a separate application provided by another company, who may charge for their service.

Or Sprint could just release a Sprint Navigation app like Verizon did for their VZ Navigator.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I want an iPhone = I want an iPhone - wait they did away with premier NO  NO  ....got my iPhone now I want to complain

• I guess now it makes a little sense (dollars and cents) Sprint can't let  a premier customer upgrade to a new iPhone every twelve months so they  have to cancel the program. Why couldn't the program go on and IF you  were premier and got an iPhone you had to agree to 20 months  eligibility. My guess is that Sprint new that would go over worse than  just ending the whole program. (an earlier post I had)

I will be happy when I get an iPhone and get to pay for the few apps I want -  April 7th can't get here quick enough. When I upgrade I will pay for apps I need, and I evenpaid for a few things I wanted with my EVO - life is not FREE.

I wish Redbox had a forum - those thieves went up to $1.20 per rental starting on Nov 1st- complain about a 20% price hike - if you can -

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well Said. Thank you goodness! Ugh. People are so whiney babies any more ... And if you switch to verizon, and use the VZ Navigator, its 4.99 Month... You can get Telenav, GPS, for 9.99/ Year ... So would you rather pay like 60$ a year for navigation, or would you rather pay 9/year for a GPS navigation system!??!People are so stupid.

Highlighted
Journeyman

just get waze.

Highlighted
Journeyman

We have to pay a extra $10  for the "extra" data, but they take all the good stuff off the phone. I think they forgot the jar of Vaseline when they thought that up.. oh wait.. thats extra, you have to pay for that too!!

Highlighted
Master

There is a free telnav application in the app store  as well other navigation programs

Highlighted
Journeyman

Try MotionX GPS Drive. It's free on the app store and gets very good reviews. Once my phone actually shows up I'll be able to take it for a spin myself. Telenav also isn't bad if it's the same one I had on my EVO.

Highlighted
Master

The "Free" version of Telenav is not the full version, If you want the full version you will need to purchase it.

There is Map Quest and Waze that I use, Both are free.

14KNIGHT wrote:

There is a free telnav application in the app store  as well other navigation programs

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat