Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No insurance coverage for IPhone

Journeyman

No insurance coverage for IPhone

Sprint does not offer insurance coverage for the iphone. This would have to be purchased seperately through Apple (Apple+ Care) for 99.00. I am seriously reconsidering Sprint. They leave so many things untold and expect people to pre order blindly.

30 REPLIES 30
Journeyman

It's not blindly if you know about it before purchase.

It's been clear from the beginning from Sprint on the insurance coverage for this phone!  And you can purchase the protection via SPRINT. 

ENOUGH WITH THE PROPAGANDA!

Journeyman

I know only because I had to seek out the info from Apple not Sprint. If you have nothing to contribute to this feel free to not say anything at all. How has it been clear by sprint when they are yet to say anything about the phone as an annoucement.

Journeyman

Journeyman

Yes it is Apple Care I would recommend getting that because all you have to do is take it to a apple store instead of a sprint store to get it fixed. Most of the time they will issue you a new iphone if they can't get it fixed.

Journeyman

Kind of the reason I'm moving to the IPhone (e.g. currently have a Samsung Epic).  With the IPhone the buck stops at Apple; insurance, os upgrades, ....  With Samsung Epic you have the Sprint/Samsung/Google mix where nothing gets done; except for alot of finger pointing and "soon" responses.

Journeyman

Yeah, don't let anyone tell you different. iphone has very good policies or fixing and returning phones. I think sprint did the right thing in getting this phone. Especially unlimited data is becoming a rare commodity.

Master

What is AppleCare+?

1. Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage and 90 days of telephone technical support.

2. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends repair coverage and technical support to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone.

3. It also includes coverage for up to two exchanges for accidental hardware damage, each subject to a $49 service fee.

4. With AppleCare+ for iPhone, Apple experts can troubleshoot issues with you over the phone or at an Apple Retail Store.

Do I have to buy coverage protection at the point of sale, or can I add it at any time?

1. AppleCare+ must be purchased at point of sale or at activation for devices shipped.

AppleCare+ protection plan – priced at $99 – provides the following benefits and scope:

2-year limited warranty coverage

Minor Damage is covered at $0 for AppleCare+ customers for the duration of their 2-year limited warranty coverage

Repairable Damage is covered at $49 for AppleCare+ customers for the duration of their 2-year limited warranty coverage.

2-years Technical Support

Catastrophic Damage is not covered by AppleCare+.

Lost and Stolen devices also are not covered by the AppleCare+.

AppleCare+ is only available at the time of purchase or at activation for devices shipped cold, and cannot be added later

Hope this helps

Abe

Journeyman

If it is $99.00 then that is a bargain. With Sprint's Protection Plan you pay $192.00 for the lenght of the contract ,

Journeyman

Spel3113 might be right. 8*24=192 (not including taxes) That is if they don't decide to up the insurance price again. What I don't know tho is whether the Sprint protection plan covers theft.

Journeyman

Excellent breakdown and yes applecare does not cover lost, stolen phones but if you want that covered there are legitimate warranty companies out there that will cover that for an extrea 50 to 100 dollars more if you feel that will happen to you. I have had my phone for almost 2 yrs and its an iphone 4 and I will tell you I take that everywhere with me and never loose it. Its just one of those phones you can't forget and if its stollen get a police report and 9 times out of ten the cell phone company will work with you.

Master

spel3113 Catastrophic Damage is not covered by AppleCare+. Lost and Stolen devices also are not covered by the AppleCare+.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat