cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ssn...

Highlighted
Journeyman

No ssn...

I'm a student here and looking to switch to Sprint for the iphone. I've been on Virgin Mobile for the past 3 years but I want to get the new iPhone instead. I've been told by friends that if you don't have a ssn, then you can put down a $150 (or so) deposit instead. Is this still true? Because I've tried calling to ask and I've just been told a solid no that I will not be able to join their services unless I had a ssn. If this is the case, should I just buy the iPhone unlocked and just get a simcard? (Unless this requires a ssn too?)

Thanks guys.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

You can activate your own Sprint phone without giving out your social security number...However, according to the store I just called...you would have to still provide two forms of ID and there would be a 250.00 deposit. 

I hope this adequately answers your question.

Thanks

-John

Highlighted
Wizard

aussie,

it's not an automatic $250 deposit. just have the store run your info through without ssn and see what credit class it gives you. I've even seen 3 lines approved with $0 deposit. crazier things have happened. if you need a suggestion on a store let me know. actually, private message me as i have another idea for you too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey Im In Vegas I Called One Sprint Store And Bestbuy But They Say I Cant Get Start A contract Without A SSN /; What Do I Do ???? Help

Highlighted

I have the same question. I want to switch to Sprint for a new iPhone,but I'm currently a graduate student and I don't have SSN. Can I still get an account eligible? 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat