cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay for 649.99 for an iPhone or Leave Sprint for Verizon $100

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been a sprint customer since Septemember of 2010, but am not eligable for a reduced fee or early upgrade price for the IPhone4s.

As a loyal sprint customer, i'm disappointed that Sprint decided not to allow its existing customers to upgrade.

I am  considering leaving Sprint and going to another carrier so that I can get the reduced price, as my termination fee is only $100 to leave my contract.

At that price, it would only be $100 (termination) + $199 at Verizon to get an iphone vs $649 to get the iPhone 4s from Sprint.

The economics say go w/ Verizon:    $299 @ verizon  vs $649.99 for staying with Sprint

I would like to stay with sprint but I have to have this phone...!

Anyone else planning to leave? Stay?   I hope that sprint will do something to retain its customers, as two more years of business from me has to be more valuable than $100.

67 REPLIES 67
Journeyman

I wouldn't give up unlimited data to go to Verizon but I guess that's your call...

Journeyman

I do like the unlimited data.. however, I don't go over 2GB per month.. not even close actually.

Journeyman

Re: Pay for 649.99 for an iPhone or Leave Sprint for Verizon $100

Journeyman

I'm seriously considering leaving too. Why in all that is holy and smart would I want to pay $850 for a phone when I can get it for half that if I go to either of the other two carriers. It might even be worth paying the fee to break my contract.

Journeyman

I agree 100%....  I talked to a sales representative. They said you can add a line and get the iphone at the reduced price; my mother is coming to Sprint so this may work for me. I still may leave though just to get the phone for a reduced price from another carrier. I am done with Android phones.   Check your termination fee w/ Sprint. Mine is only $100 to leave.

Journeyman

HAHAHAHAHA! FANTASTIC VIDEO!

Journeyman

Your not elegible get over it and learn how cell contracts work. It's the same with all carriers when it comes to subsidized pricing. And will you bitch ass people stop pulling the word loyal out of your ass. You have barely been with Sprint for a year

Journeyman

^^^ I'm glad you don't work for Sprint.  Was that rant necessary? I do know how subsidised pricing works.  When the iPhone was first released on the AT&T network, they offered existing customers a discounted price that was only $100 dollars more than the price for new customers.   Next time try giving a more intelligent response.

Journeyman

Sprint doesn't owe you anything. Your not eligble for a upgrade. If you feel its better to cancel your contract and go elsewhere do so. People like you have been crying all day making multiple threads about the same thing. Sprint doesn't need to follow what AT&T did years ago. Again you've only been a customer for a year. Why are you using the word loyal

Journeyman

unless you're streaming live feeds from your gig on an iPhone, unlimited data means nothing.  With 2 gigs of data on a plan, you could stream the Library of Congress.  The Unlimited data is a total bs ploy and Sprint knows this.  Most people use their phone for email and getting directions to the next bar.  No one is using it for much more.  Check your usage and see what plan would fit your bill if you switched.  I bet 2gigs more than covers it.

Journeyman

It's not even about loyalty. I don't see why they would commit to selling so many iPhones when the price is so high for existing customers not elligible for upgrades. Do they think that people will automatically flock to their unlimited data haven? They must be expecting to make all their money off new customers because if you really wanted an iPhone bad, you wouldn't be with Sprint now.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat