cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay for 649.99 for an iPhone or Leave Sprint for Verizon $100

Journeyman

The above chart re-emphasized the inconvenient truth: it's the problem of iPhone price, it's the monthly service fee or the difference of monthly service fee which do matter, assuming comparable quality of service.

Journeyman

Re: Pay for 649.99 for an iPhone or Leave Sprint for Verizon $100

If it wasnt for the fact AT&T DATA plan is much higher than Sprint. Sprint has unlimited calling to every phone on any network. And i get a 25% discount on my $79.99 plan.

I would have jumped ship. lets do the math. what should sprint do? take my ETF of $200 or $350 whichever you perfer... or let me have the phone and pay 2 more years/ 24 months  of service and pay Sprint 1919.76.

No matter what...if you dont make it complicated with all this subsidize BS, the math says let everyone new an existing get it for the same. The Math does not lie.

Journeyman

@jor el.. 69.17... Did you forget its a $10 data charge... and sprints commericals are saying $79.99, for service for their smartphones.

Journeyman

It's 69.99 for 450 min and unlimited data/texting, plus the $10 = 79.99/mo.  To get something similar on Verizon, it's: $39.99 for 450 min, $20 for unlimited texting, and $30 for 2GB data plan = $90/mo.  If you want five friends and family (since they don't have unlimited any mobile/anytime), you have to pay for 900 minutes = $59.99, or 69.99 for unlimited minutes.  That's $110 for first option and $120 for second....Verizon's prices stink now....their coverage is not soooo much better I'm willing to pay $30 (360/yr) to $40 ($480/mo) more.

Journeyman

Actually it doesn't. Your not taking into account the subsidy of the last phone you got which wasn't long ago. And the 500 dollar subsidy for the new iPhone. Theres a reason you get a upgrade every 20 months with carriers

And they already offer service cheaper than other carriers. This is a business

Journeyman

I have actually gotten upgrade phones every year.. Maybe because of permire status.. maybe not.

I have called an spoke to CS reps that would tell me no. Hang up and call again and ask for customer retention.

I only got 1 yr left on my contract. Can i get the new phone ( this is not pre iphone on sprint ) i like..  I really don't want to leave sprint but can i just pay the ETF get the phone i like for the price as a existing customer..

CR rep: Sure we can do that.

I found sometimes CS reps dont know what the hell they are talking about.

Journeyman

The 69.17 is my actual bill. I get a 25% discount from work and i also subtracted the TEP I was told would no longer be charged once if i activate an iphone. I called 3 different times and 2 of 3 said it would no longer be on my bill.

Journeyman

"TEP"?

Journeyman

I was in the same boat as you and here is what I did because staying with Sprint due to the cheapest plans was the best option.  Pay the termination fee of $100 close the line.  Open a new line and get iPhone at the new subscriber price.  You get a new number and you only paid $100 more versus $649. 

Journeyman

Consider this: The unlocked iPhones are GSM only--which means you get none of the extra coverage offered by either CDMA carrier, and it's down to the two carriers still in dispute (AT&T & TMO) for your iPhone bucks.  Given only those two, I'd run with the underdog.  But seriously, Sprint's the only carrier without a massively confusing contract or weird restrictions on use.  But that's not why I got an iPhone.  It was simply the best phone out there for what I need to do when I need to do it.  When your other options with Sprint are belated BlackBerrys or completely unpredictable (IMNSHO) 'Droids from all over heck and gone, you're in a tough spot. 

What sealed it for me was that Nextel started to tank; that my BlackBerry was starting to lock up and do funky things other than be a BlackBerry; and that I had an upgrade to cash in on before year's end. 

Now if they could've worked in a walkie-talkie key for The Jesus Phone... 

But truly, I do not regret my decision.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I like iphones but they are worthless on the sprint network.  Ask around or check the apple forum section.  I sold mine.  It was super slow.

How come no one is comparing sprint to at&t rate.  For a single plan isnt at&t $40 for 450 minutes?  $20 for texts.  And $25 for 2 gigs data.  Putting your bill at $85 instead of the $80 sprint cost.

And if you use so much data, get wifi or something.  I am trying to tell ya'll (yes im from TX).  That sprint iphone is super slow.  You are going to want to find a wifi spot anyways

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat