cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay for 649.99 for an iPhone or Leave Sprint for Verizon $100

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Pay for 649.99 for an iPhone or Leave Sprint for Verizon $100

I understand what bambam is trying to say.  And I agree with you.  It is all about location.  I guess I dont understand why Sprint would think it fair for someone getting .1 to .2mbps and dropped calls and delayed texts etc, to have to pay the same as someone getting 1-2mbps with no service issues.

I guess thats why you have the 14 days to decide.  But I spent my 14 days going between apple stores, and sprint repair stores, and troubleshooting over the phone countless times.  And then being told a tower was down and many other things.  By the time I stepped back and looked at everything, my 14 days was up.

I was hoping the network issues in my area was because of the influx of iphone users.  But its been over 2 months now.  I see that "locations" with excellent service continue to have this service.  And "locations" like my own with slow data speeds still continue to show no change in that.

O well.  An expensive lesson learned on my part.  I feel bad for others who are stuck in contract paying for "premium" service and not getting it because they have multiple phones and cant afford to break contract.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree the 3g speed is horrible and it takes awhile to download and surf the web,I am thinking of leaving sprint for verizon of course lte is the way to go sprint is stuck on its old technology.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I filed a complaint with the Fed Trade Commission for false advertising and today got a call from Sprint legal saying they have the complaint and are investigating.  Will let you know the outcome.  If your speed is bad, file a complaint too.

In Dallas I've never received over 0.47 since the day I got my 4S phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If anybody is "in the know", please let me know when sprint updates their contracts so I can get out w/o paying ETF. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

eventually you will pay 649.99 in data usage at verizon in about a month or two so just stay with sprint, on the other hand purchase a 4s from ebay .

Highlighted
Journeyman

davecndn1 wrote:

If anybody is "in the know", please let me know when sprint updates their contracts so I can get out w/o paying ETF. 

If you are a business customer, expect a change in February when the free second line option is removed from the $129.99/month plan.

As for buying a 4S on eBay, it can be problematic for your choice in carrier.  If it is a Verizon iPhone 4S, you wll not be able to activate it on Sprint likewise a Sprint 4S on Verizon.  If it is an AT&T iPhone, it will be stuck with AT&T and they will not unlock it for international SIM's.  If it is a fully unlocked Apple version (ie. not from any carrier) you will be limited to AT&T or T-Mobile.  No CDMA activations.

Highlighted
Journeyman

.16 down and .05 up in washington state. This network is absoloute crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets all cancel and tell all of our friends and family to spread the word. Lets put it all over twitter,facebook and all mediums possible so that others dont have to suffer. And so sprint is likely to do something. come on people take a couple mintues of your time to let all of your friends and family know how SLOW the network is. I will pay more to switch to at&t or verizon if i have to. My friend is getting 8.87 down and 6.65 down on at&t 4g with an iphone 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the speed of my sprint 4s is embarassing. i garantee if this gets out even furthur sprint will be forced to do something about it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

lol i have already been spreading the word becuz there internet speeds sucks and if i wasnt under contract i would been gone!!!!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat